Rate the Window

How did the recruitment team do

Results are only viewable after voting.
5/10. Strengthened some positions and didn’t strengthen others. Could’ve been worse and could’ve also been better. Not sure how you can say fairer than that.

I opted for 7, just because we didn't lose Brainthwaite and we have improved while making money. But what you say is true, it's a middling window.

With the window almost done for us how do you rate the window.

Did the DoF fail us yet again, or was Big Sean hitting everything with his veto stamp
You can`t really tell how the new signings are going to make a difference for a few months, but getting a good number of new faces into the squad was good to see, but getting rid of Maupay and loaning out Holgate were two big pluses. Made a nice profit overall in transfers which also makes a difference, just a shame we were n`t doing that in previous windows.

Very happy with the window. Given we made about £20m and reduced the wage bill. Would have liked a fast winger and a right back. Hopefully Dixon can step into the void

We were never going to sort everything out with such a limited budget. Keeping Branthwaite was the biggest bonus.

Team looks set up for a 4-3-2-1 formation with Ndiaye and Lindstrom

CB looks to be upgraded. Branthwaite remaining was as surprising as it was important for us.

Tim in CM looks a decent signing at this stage (we'll have to wait and see about Mangala)

I cant help think we'll regret signing either Ndiaye or Lindstrom...or both. Despite the former's decent moments I'm not sure I see Dyche handing him too many PL games. Ditto the lightweight Lindstrom.

Last night's late Broja move gave us a boost though, I think.

Due to that late addition in a crucial position for us it goes from 5/10 to 6/10 for me.

Right wing is that what worries me, but did alright given the finances. LB back ups could have been addressed.

Harrison wouldn't be my pick, surely u could get someone hard-working and fast for a fit of fee and lower wages, as he is apparantly on 90k a week. Broja probably either.

Rest of signings I am fine with it.

Got rid of Maupay and Holgate that were superflue, could sell Godfrey. Keane unfortunately not.

7... ish.

Continued to balance the books whilst improving the squad, if only by a little bit. I've been encouraged by the starts from Iroegbunam, Ndiaye & O'Brien in particular.

I'm still concerned that there simply isn't enough goals & general creativity amongst our attacking players though..

Next summer will be truly a defining moment for the club though, so I just hope that new ownership is well through the door by then as half the squad will likely need replacing heading into Bramley Moore.

Everton have a low bar for transfer windows but...

Most complete window in the post pandemic/zombie ownership era.

Bunch of signings early doors to get them dyche fit (injured). Got rid of some dross, kept Braithwaite, utilized loans and took advantage of the silly situation at Chelsea. Als

Lost Onana but he was in and out of our starting 11 last season anyways.

Baffled we didn't get any fullbacks.

Don't get me wrong it feels like we signed a bunch of maybes. Maybe some of them will work out some not, hopefully more do than not.

But better than previous transfer windows of watching Ashley Young man utd highlights and wondering if Dele can get back to match fitness.

7 For me. Dyche has got some reinforcements here, let's see how it goes.

8 for me.

I posted this in Thelwell thread, but makes sense here as well...

Begovic for Lonergan
O'Brien for Godfrey
Iroegbunam for Onana
Mangala for Gomes
Ndiaye for Dobbin
Lindstrom for Danjuma
Harrison = Harrison
Broja for Maupay

All bar 1 is younger (Ndiaye), and for roughly £50m profit?

Not bad if you ask me.

If the assignment was to reduce the age, strengthen and make a profit, we did well.

Now they just need to go out and do it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back