Rate the Window

How did the recruitment team do

Results are only viewable after voting.

Didn't solve the glaring pace/winger issue. Didn't resolve the glaring full backs issue.
Still a worrying lack of goals. While we collect defensive mids like they're infinity stones.

We brought in some good players in Obrien and Tim. Maybe Ndiaye too (and hopefully Jesper). But we addressed basically nothing in the team except for depth at CM and 10 if Dyche’s selections are anything to go by. 💩

Overall 7/10

JO'B for Holgate
Yes

Dixon for Godfrey. Weaker for now although I have a sneaking suspicion the RD's pace means he can be a good RW cover (DM did the same with a young Seamus). Young, JT and Coleman all a year older. We've kept Branthwaite. Defence marginally stronger. Hopefully Patterson can get fit and we get lucky with Mykolenkos fitness. We stayed up last year because we got really lucky injuries wise. We look more resilient this time.

MIDFIELD

Tim and Mangala for Onana and Gomes. About the same. But Tim looks like he is a proper CM that will get better and better. Onana was a Legend in his own head. Armstrong looks like he has really good potencial. Garner starting to be a season premier league player.

Slightly better.

Wide midfielders:
Lindstrom & Ndiaye for Dobbin & Danjuma

D&D contributed next to nothing last year.

Stronger

Attaclking mid
Ndiaye or Lindstrom for Doucoure. Stronger.

Striker:

DCL going to have to prove his worth if he wants the big move.

Borja has to prove himself. Will keep DCL on his toes

Beto has his second season in English football. Should improve.

Chermiti looked way better than last year in pre-season.

Stronger

We are miles away from where we want to be but this window was a step in the right dirección.

Foxes and Saints going down. Between us, Ipswich, Wolves, Cherries, Brentford and Forest for the last spot.

We should be fine.

We're stronger on paper. Yes I know the game is played on grass.

I'd look at it two ways. We've got O'Brien, Iroegbunam, Lindstrom, Ndiaye, Mangala, and now Broja. Onana who never hit the heights out and JB retained. All of them should offer something though I think Broja will just be one of those punts where he gets 2 goals. We lose little if he fails.

DCL in all likelihood leaving on a free is the black mark, that's poor planning and poor management.

With talk of a fire sale before last season ended, they have made a little go a long way. The issue is how much time will these players get and the unaddressed issues of cover, pace, goals, and squad balance. Goals cost money we don't have. When you don't have it you take punts. You need luck and lots of it.

I think they've taken advantage of deals that came up as opportunities rather than necessarily trying to work through a list of targets in different positions. I can understand that to an extent. We are deal takers and not deal makers.

That probably makes for a lack of joined up thinking between Thelwell and Dyche. A disconnect between "here are the players I could get for you" versus any that would have been on a Dyche shortlist.

Overall though I think they have done well. It's simply not feasible to cover off every problem area for a club with our financial and PSR issues.

The question is does Dyche have the wherewithall and flexibility to take the players added and mould them into something better than the sum of their parts? Hmm.

I give them 6.5 / 10. That would have been a "C" when I was in school. I think we have enough to avoid relegation and do marginally better than last year without the deductions.

Would be at least a 6 getting in JOB, Tim and Ndiaye with little cash, but have failed again, money issues or not, to find a RB capable of benching Seamus, it's a damning 3.

Consider the manager and director of football would have been told they're selling a big name and not getting to spend all the money generated, I think it's a great window.

Yet again absolutely disgraceful to still be suffering from years gone by, so much so that we're still in a position where we cannot spend even what's brought in, never mind anything on top of that, but that's how it is and hopefully we somehow have enough within the squad to stay up until a new owner can help up move forwards.

8/10.

Broja is a strange signing. Looked promising on loan at Southampton a few years ago but couldn’t seem to score goals. He could have just been unlucky but since then has done exactly the same and is also now injury prone. The price tag therefore seems very high. And what does this do for the progression of Chermiti? Another strange signing for a club with no money. We have one left back and apparently only one right back who will be considered. The replacement for both is a 39 year old who is obviously well past it.
I’ve lost confidence in Thelwell. Dyche maybe the better the devil you know for the situation we’re in but I think after this season, hopefully there’ll be a new stadium, owner, DoF and manager.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back