Rate the Window

How did the recruitment team do

Results are only viewable after voting.
+ Branthwaite, Pickford, DCL still here.

+ Tim, NDiaye, OBrien (> Holgate, Keane) seem decent.

+ Lindstrom, Orel, Broja hopefully upgrades on Gomez, Maupay, Dobbin.

+ A bit of money in for Godfrey, Maupay, Holgate, Dobbin.

+ Onana was probably the right 'big' sale.

+ Chermiti, Patterson, Branthwaite hopefully recovering to help the squad.

- Financially we seemed to have missed out on a DCL sale - we'll see in Jan.

- We still can't play with speed / pace, this doesn't seem to be the Dyche way.

- LB is paper thin - Young and McNeil seems pretty desperate if Myko is injured.

I gave it a 6.

5 or 6/10. Very few eye catching signings but the squad depth is much better than last season.

Big issue is I don't think the first 11 is that great with a couple in their 30s and probably not going to be as effective as last year so will need the bench lads to step up at some point.

Except we haven’t made £20m as we have to pay for Beto and Chermiti… which is often conveniently forgotten about.

Solid 5 from me.

New owner by January might open the door a little further
This window we have made £20m in transfers. That’s what are talking about. The other money was already factored in

We definitely need a new owner by January agreed.

Baseline of 5. Adding and subtracting below:

Harrison loan. Useful player compared to our lack of options and funds. (+0 but also -0)

Sold Onana to balance the books while keeping JB. I can’t overstate how important this is. (+2)

Aston Villa PSR swap. Smart and oily enough to make you proud. Tim is a solid player. (+1)

We acted early with moves for attacking options. Ndiaye and Lindstrom look useful alternatives to Doucs, McNeil, and Harrison. Prices maybe a little high for Ndaiye but reasonable. (+1)

O’Brien as depth is a smart move. Price seems reasonable. (+1)

Mangala as midfield depth. Don’t know the player well enough to critique, but we needed a warm body and got one. (+0 but also -0)

DCL unsettled and a long term replacement not handled. He will walk on a free when we need money. Broja a last minute panic loan with an insane option price. (-1)

No speedy option brought in. Obvious problem unaddressed. (-1)

Our full backs are skeletons: year 3 in a row. (-2)

6/10 overall. Had we signed a full back and let Young leave it could have been higher.

Biggest fail was being unable to either tie DCL down to a new contract or flog him.
Signing Iroegbunam & Ndiaye offsets that though.
Middling so far, but hopefully the other new signings turn it into a 7+ in due course.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back