Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

RB Leipzig

That’s fair enough mate. I’m enjoying our polar opposite but both reasonable stances in this thread and I’m sure it will throw up some entertaining banter and debate throughout the season x

Yeh I mean I understand where you’re coming from with it, I’m not defending Red Bull as an organisation just trying to get people to also try their best to also analyse them as a football club as at the end of the day that’s what they all are.

"The defending he has to get a little bit." Of course, the newcomer from Everton is rather intended for a position further forward, but in low opponents in the league, he needs on the wing "an outside striker and not just trained full-back", said Nagelsmann. Nevertheless, Lookman will have to become defensive more stable, which Nagelsmann but not surprised. "He had very little rhythm in Everton. But everyone has seen it, he will do us good. "

Yes, again, your issue is with Red Bull as an organisation not with Red Bull Leipzig as a sporting club.

Pumping money into a lowly team to get them promoted is no different to what they did at Hoffenheim, what they do at Wolfsburg and what we have at Everton.

The overall goal of brand exposure is a different matter but personally couldn’t care less as it’s not about football.

But it is different, as the 'lowly team' (SSV Markranstädt) still exists under its own name, they merely sold their licence to Red Bull.

I'm no fan of Hoffenheim, but they have been in existence since the 1940's and had started their slow climb up the leagues before Dietmar Hopp came on board, and at least he has a strong association with the area and the club (who he played for as a youngster).

Wolfsburg is a different entitity, like Bayer 04 Leverkusen, they where set up as works team. Wolfsburg is a city built around the VW plant, it's their whole life. Very different to Red Bull buying a club to develop as a brand.

The underhanded way Leipzing have become what they are, and circumnavigated the 50+1 rule is very different. They go against much of what makes German football different, which is why opposing fans are vehement in their distate of them, and will protest strongly aginst them, and good on them, better than fans sitting on their hands and doing nothing.

I admit though, they way they build their team in Leipzing is impressive. Building through youth and through some smart transfers, with great scouting and consistantly good coaching.

I'm no fan of Hoffenheim, but they have been in existence since the 1940's and had started their slow climb up the leagues before Dietmar Hopp came on board, and at least he has a strong association with the area and the club (who he played for as a youngster).

Dietmar Hopp has supported the TSG Hoffenheim since 1990. In 1991 Hoffenheim was promoted to the Bezirksliga (9th league), one year later to the Landesliga (8th league). In 2001 they reached the Regionalliga (4th league). I suspect Hoffenheim would not be in the Bundesliga today without Hopp's financial support.
The first ascent came so only after Hopp gave money.

Dietmar Hopp has supported the TSG Hoffenheim since 1990. In 1991 Hoffenheim was promoted to the Bezirksliga (9th league), one year later to the Landesliga (8th league). In 2001 they reached the Regionalliga (4th league). I suspect Hoffenheim would not be in the Bundesliga today without Hopp's financial support.
The first ascent came so only after Hopp gave money.

He became financially involved with them far later than 1990, it was closer to 2000, when they where in the 5th tier. Still a big leap to where they are now of course.

Although that has nothing to do with the point I was making, even if he had been there earlier! What Red Bull have done in Leipzig - and the whole charade of how they got to get a team in Leipzig (and what heppened before), is very very far removed from the histories of Hoffenheim and Wolfsburg which is what I was responding too. There are simply no similarities - none, at all.

He became financially involved with them far later than 1990, it was closer to 2000, when they where in the 5th tier. Still a big leap to where they are now of course.
According to Wikipedia, that's the way I wrote it.
Although that has nothing to do with the point I was making, even if he had been there earlier! What Red Bull have done is very very far removed from the histories of Hoffenheim and Wolfsburg which is what I was responding too. There are simply no similarities - none, at all.
I did not contradict that. I also see it as very critical, but as a citizen of Leipzig I'm very interested in soccer in the city and good work is being done at RB. I also like the football that the team plays.

Although that has nothing to do with the point I was making, even if he had been there earlier! What Red Bull have done in Leipzig - and the whole charade of how they got to get a team in Leipzig (and what heppened before), is very very far removed from the histories of Hoffenheim and Wolfsburg which is what I was responding too. There are simply no similarities - none, at all.

Pumping in money to a lowly team is the similarity with Hoffenheim and RBL just not the means in which it was done. The 50+1 rule in force wouldn’t have allowed Leipzig to have a money injected so quickly but that’s no different to money being pumped into Hoff etc.

VW owning Wolfsburg, being the shirt sponsor, naming the stadium is no different to Red Bull branding themselves all over Leipzig is it.

Philipp Tschauner joins from Hannover to be the third choice keeper.

Rumours Mvogi is restless and wants to leave so a possible second choice keeper to come in - Nubel linked but can't see it happening at all.

Schreiber (GK) got promoted to first team squad but not sure if he's the third choice or it's just a way for Leipzig to stop falling foul of their homegrown quota.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back