Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

RB Leipzig

He wasn’t though was he.
Honestly I still think my answer is I don't know. I firmly believe that he was on the brink and we refused to ever play him 3 or 4 games in a row to let him get comfortable. It may not have happened but we still haven't seen that because RBL also don't play him consistently. The difference is not playing him because of Nkunku is defensible while not playing him because of take your pick from Walcott, Bolasie, Sigurdsson and Bernard was not.

And for the record Cunha, another player not good enough for RBL, has now scored 3 in 5 for Hertha Berlin. Lookman probably won't make it at RBL but his career isn't dead yet.

He missed two sitters with no one around him, either of which would have easily won the game.
I only remember the one being a sitter. The other was a chance but it wasn't in the same category as the first.

Regardless I said this with DCL and I'll say it here, missing sitters isn't the worst thing in the world. Getting on the end of things in that area is a good sign and unless he's the worst finisher in the world they will go in.

That's why I just want him to have a run of games one time. Because he does enough stuff good in the cameos that an extended run might actually give him the chance to have it come off a time or two and never look back.

I only remember the one being a sitter. The other was a chance but it wasn't in the same category as the first.

Regardless I said this with DCL and I'll say it here, missing sitters isn't the worst thing in the world. Getting on the end of things in that area is a good sign and unless he's the worst finisher in the world they will go in.

That's why I just want him to have a run of games one time. Because he does enough stuff good in the cameos that an extended run might actually give him the chance to have it come off a time or two and never look back.

Problem is he's been getting extended cameos at RBL and hasn't grasped any of them yet. I worry if today's anonymous 45 mins and the sitter will shove him right back down the bottom of the attack mid pile again.

Problem is he's been getting extended cameos at RBL and hasn't grasped any of them yet. I worry if today's anonymous 45 mins and the sitter will shove him right back down the bottom of the attack mid pile again.
He had 4 shots and 3 chances created. That is a weird anonymous.

Edit: Also before today he's played like 30 league minutes this year so what?

3 shots, none on target. 3 key passes the same as the centre-back.
Again I see those as good things if a player is playing consistently. Shots tend to go in if you keep shooting. Chances tend to get converted if you are creating them.

And I don't know how many games we've had this year where a player has 3 shots and 3 key passes, but it isn't many.

Again I see those as good things if a player is playing consistently. Shots tend to go in if you keep shooting. Chances tend to get converted if you are creating them.

And I don't know how many games we've had this year where a player has 3 shots and 3 key passes, but it isn't many.

Well I mean 0% shooting accuracy doesn't suggest a lethal player. Well, I mean in this match alone:

Werner: 2 / 5
Nkunku: 3 / 3
Halste (CB): 1 / 3
Kampl: 2 / 2

Well I mean 0% shooting accuracy doesn't suggest a lethal player. Well, I mean in this match alone:

Werner: 2 / 5
Nkunku: 3 / 3
Halste (CB): 1 / 3
Kampl: 2 / 2
How many professional attackers can never score if they keep shooting? I have a feeling it'll come around.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back