Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

RB Leipzig

Of course I could haha can shoot from anywhere I only have to get it off target.
I guess technically 3 shots from your own half would count.

I think you're missing what the point is though. The best players get lots of shots away. The top 5 in shots per game this year in the big leagues are Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Mbappe, Neymar and Messi. Getting shots away is good. So yes today he didn't put them on target but three shots in the box is a good thing for an attacker and a sign that even without the finish he is playing well.

And to extend that a step further it shows to me that Lookman is someone who might, if played more, turn the shots into goals as he does tend to get some off every time he plays. Or he's one of the worst finishers ever to play at a high level. But as always it would be nice if we could find out.

I guess technically 3 shots from your own half would count.

I think you're missing what the point is though. The best players get lots of shots away. The top 5 in shots per game this year in the big leagues are Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Mbappe, Neymar and Messi. Getting shots away is good. So yes today he didn't put them on target but three shots in the box is a good thing for an attacker and a sign that even without the finish he is playing well.

And to extend that a step further it shows to me that Lookman is someone who might, if played more, turn the shots into goals as he does tend to get some off every time he plays. Or he's one of the worst finishers ever to play at a high level. But as always it would be nice if we could find out.

You cannot spin 3 shots with 0% accuracy as a good thing ever.

Give up.

He's crap.

Thankfully I won't have to talk about him in this thread after this season when he leaves.

Are you taking credit for DCL starting to score goals? To the biggest DCL fanboy on GOT? That pays actual money for no reason just to have my name on his thread??????
No I'm saying that I said in his thread that it was not a big deal that he sometimes doesn't score because he's getting to the good spots and the goals would come if that happened again. They did.

It's really not that important of a distinction in one game. Now if his next 20 shots all miss the target, that is an issue.

The more important skill is finding the time and space to get off the shots.

Well let's look at his apps this season where he's played like 30+ mins

Freiburg (not today): 1 shot, 0 on target
Zenit: 0 shots
Schalke: 0 shots

Well let's look at his apps this season where he's played like 30+ mins

Freiburg (not today): 1 shot, 0 on target
Zenit: 0 shots
Schalke: 0 shots
Again, it would be nice if he played more often. Those are months apart.

I'm not going into this more, but he was fine today. It's the kind of performance that would make me want to play him more.

Nagelsmann not happy with Mola (Google Translate)

"He came in quite well," said coach Julian Nagelsmann. “But when day X comes and you get your chance, you have to take it too. Unfortunately, this is the case in a competitive sports company. ” Nagelsmann was dissatisfied with Lookman's performance in front of the goal. “He had two top situations today. The first one has to be done, it's a free end from five meters, even if the situation is not easy, he has to get the ball on target, ”criticized the coach. Lookman had apparently been as surprised by a chip ball from Kevin Kampl as the Freiburg defense and had put the ball a few meters in front of the goal next to the box (56.). Perhaps the greatest RB chance ever.

And Nagelsmann also disagreed with the second scene. Lookman shot past the goal from 18 meters just to the right (74th).
“The second was more difficult because the angle is acute. Since he has to bring the ball into the center, Patrik would have been ready to shoot in front of the goal, ”said the head coach.

"At the end of the day, his name must appear on the match report sheet with assists or goal scorers so that he can use his chances sustainably," said the 32-year-old. "If he gets the next chance, he'll have to do it a little better." And yet the 45 minutes were an indication that Lookman could step out of the role of extras in this unusual league final sprint.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back