Realistic 22/23 expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuckwithmoyes

Player Valuation: £225k
I think given our current squad, the fact frank has done what every great manager does and built from the back in his first window, and the fact we seem to actually be spending money wisely, what would your realistic finishing position be?

Personally, I see frank as a manager still learning - some times it’s clear to everyone changes need to be made and he’s slow to do that on occasion. But he’s 100% got the dressing room, he’s shown he’s not afraid to change formation up, and it’s clear he gets us & the city.

I’d be very pleased with 8th, and fully expect to finish between there and 12th - after last season for me that’s progress.

We have a good mix of youth and experience.

January is gonna be interesting but not as interesting as the summer.

UTFT!

Im expecting we wont be in the bottom 5, but I also think the likes of Newcastle, Brighton and Brentford are too far above at this point to realistically get in the top 9. Likely 10-14th, with 10 being a big win. Being 8th or 9th would practically mean competing for europe and that would be a bit crazy after last season.

After going undefeated in 6 I thought we could get mid table at best. During the week I had reduced my expectations to around 14th. I still think around 14th quite likely but with a good chance of being a position or two above this. Relegation shouldn't be a major concern.

Mid table safety, top half upper mid though, I have faith if Dom stays fit we can do that. Honestly last year was a perfect storm of crap, all the injuries and a manager that broke the club and turned the place toxic as I've ever known it. I think it was an anomaly and we have recruited well. Onwards and upwards utft

I'd be happy with top 12 but with a good 10 points more than last season. Shows progress and its a process we have to go through.

If we get top 12, then next season we need to be pushing to be challenging for the top 7 (even if we ultimately miss out we need to be in the mix at least until the last couple of games).

If we don't get top 12, I'll be fine with it as long as we aren't fighting relegation with 6/7 games to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.