Recipes, kitchen tips and tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, no problem, I'll be making some more next time I'm home.
I'm in the Middle-East right now though, it's a bit more challenging.
You can find the stuff, eventually. Tend to be imports from the UK, Tesco weirdly enough.
What ya doing in the Middle-east? Trying to find a good piece of furniture, I mean a missus ;)

That's good to know. I was having hesitation posting the tacos recipe because I wasn't sure if those of you in Europe could find the ingredients. But you should check them out once you get back home (wherever that is) there so really good recipes listed there.

Its hard to find the variety of peppers that you would have say in the south western states in the US but any decent supermarket would stock the staples.
We are lucky to be able to find all sorts of variety of peppers here in the south east where I live. I also try to grow some myself although I'm not always successful. This year I'm trying habaneros and jalapeños.

What ya doing in the Middle-east? Trying to find a good piece of furniture, I mean a missus ;)

That's good to know. I was having hesitation posting the tacos recipe because I wasn't sure if those of you in Europe could find the ingredients. But you should check them out once you get back home (wherever that is) there so really good recipes listed there.

Working, Sass. I hop around a bit.

Had a bird in Dubai, went a bit south when she got in a foul mood with me all day becuase she'd literally dreamt I'd cheated on her. Bit of a head-the-ball.

Yeah though, tacos. 10 out of 10, would slobber all over again. I'll be sure to post a photo after I do them again.

Working, Sass. I hop around a bit.

Had a bird in Dubai, went a bit south when she got in a foul mood with me all day becuase she'd literally dreamt I'd cheated on her. Bit of a head-the-ball.

Yeah though, tacos. 10 out of 10, would slobber all over again. I'll be sure to post a photo after I do them again.
I figured you were working not bird hunting but I couldn't resist after our furniture interchange lol

Wow, getting dumped because of a bad cheating dream seems a bit severe so you are probably better off. Long time ago I used to be jealous when I was young and insecure but now days, both my husband and I are pretty certain of our strong bond so neither one of us mind the other giving a little bit of candy to the eyes. We actually think it is healthy.

Sure, Tommy. I have heard that before with the meatballs :p

I figured you were working not bird hunting but I couldn't resist after our furniture interchange lol

Wow, getting dumped because of a bad cheating dream seems a bit severe so you are probably better off. Long time ago I used to be jealous when I was young and insecure but now days, both my husband and I are pretty certain of our strong bond so neither one of us mind the other giving a little bit of candy to the eyes. We actually think it is healthy.

Sure, Tommy. I have heard that before with the meatballs :p

I never broke that promise, Sass.
I never made any ;)

Single Women ! Eat biscuits and drink Guiness.

E2_FBXrWYAASl8c

Are ingredients to make tacos easy to find in Europe?

Masa isn't that easy to find day to day, although some supermarkets advertise masa tacos as 'gluten free tacos' and don't actually mention that masa is what you are meant to have.

I genuinely think most people in the UK aren't aware of that too. If you had a standard UK taco you'd be in for a bad shock.

I genuinely think most people in the UK aren't aware of that too. If you had a standard UK taco you'd be in for a bad shock.
Then I will refrain from trying those when I visit the UK. Don’t want my good memories of my visit there to be ruined by a bad taco experience lol

Both, I suppose...always best to try before you buy; like marriage. The good thing is that food you grow yourself will almost always taste better unless you're able to get something from a locals farmers market. Bit of a niche pepper though.
Eating the food one grows always taste better! Tomorrow I'm going go shopping for seeds and plants, I'm going to keep an eye to see if I find such niche pepper in our area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back