Recipes, kitchen tips and tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love salsa. Mexican and Colombian style, that it is actually call "ají", they look very familiar. We have a local green house and garden place that carries all sorts of peppers.

I'm thinking you'll have good luck, finding and growing...prime pepper region is not far away. It's just not a very common pepper around here so I grow them, with decent luck. It's a bit dry here, they like higher humidity. They have a different kind of heat like that I enjoy more than some other types.

I'm thinking you'll have good luck, finding and growing...prime pepper region is not far away. It's just not a very common pepper around here so I grow them, with decent luck. It's a bit dry here, they like higher humidity. They have a different kind of heat like that I enjoy more than some other types.
We have a good amount of humanity here in Asheville so if that's what they prefer then I may have luck growing them so hopefully I find some later today. Thanks again for the recommendation.

It's similar to a habanero but I like the flavour more...hope you find some. Makes boss salsa.
We have a good amount of humanity here in Asheville so if that's what they prefer then I may have luck growing them so hopefully I find some later today. Thanks again for the recommendation.

This is great store-bought salsa that uses aji chambo (scotch bonnet) peppers. I was gifted it and now I regularly order it.

Anyone know how to boil a head?
There's a few in the new manager thread that needs to be poached with a pinch of salt until they can no longer type anymore.
In my opinion a pressure cooker would be best for such a tough job. I don't think boiling or poaching them would be enough lol

In addition to salt, I would also suggest adding lots of garlic to prevent blood clots from forming ;)

In my opinion a pressure cooker would be best for such a tough job. I don't think boiling or poaching it would be enough lol

In addition to salt I would also suggest adding lots of garlic to prevent blood clots from forming ;)
Ahhh a pressure cooker is the one!! Il keep that in mind lol lol lol

*Pops over to the new manager thread

Ahhh a pressure cooker is the one!! Il keep that in mind lol lol lol

*Pops over to the new manager thread
I knew that could be the winner cooking method ;)

That thread is certainly giving me headaches. I can't wait until Everton makes the announcement so we can move to other important things such as summer signings lol

• Haha
Reactions: JLW

This is great store-bought salsa that uses aji chambo (scotch bonnet) peppers. I was gifted it and now I regularly order it.

Looks yummy, I may have to check it out.

My husband has a friend that makes hot sauce with peppers he grows locally and got this one a couple of weeks ago made of ghost peppers that it is good but it is extra hot. Perfect to clear one sinuses lol

Screenshot_20210606-084334.webp

Screenshot_20210606-084349.webp

Looks yummy, I may have to check it out.

My husband has a friend that makes hot sauce with peppers he grows locally and got this one a couple of weeks ago made of ghost peppers that it is good but it is extra hot. Perfect to clear one sinuses lol

View attachment 129681

View attachment 129682
I had something similar to this a few years ago (Ghost chilli), some American guy brought it onboard for me, i mean i love spice but let me tell ye it wasnt just my sinuses it cleared. :blush:
I literally had one drop in a Bolognaise and i was sweating my plums off.

I had something similar to this a few years ago (Ghost chilli), some American guy brought it onboard for me, i mean i love spice but let me tell ye it wasnt just my sinuses it cleared. :blush:
I literally had one drop in a Bolognaise and i was sweating my plums off.
Hahahaha, ghost peppers can do that too for sure. My husband was sweating his plums off the first time he tried the hot sauce. Now he just uses a few drops. I like hot sauce but that’s too much for me.

Reactions: JLW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back