Recruitment of players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seems to me we buy players that have potential or players that have shown some good form but have tailed off. Put them together and you have players that haven't realised there potential and the tailed off players remain tailed off

Given we are in a fight for survival this season and recruitment was key in changing that.

The recruitment side never improved , almost suggesting Marcel brands had very little to do with it all over the years.

We sold one of our best players mid season (and creative outlet) and replaced him with a left and right back. Neither of which have made the team since they arrived.

We loaned in a winger when we already had like 5 of them , and haven't played him at all.

And we brought a player shot on confidence who doesn't fit into the team until next season.

Never mind 500 million to go down, imagine signing 4 players to keep you up and not playing 3 of them at all and using the 4th sparingly.

We are shockingly bad.

Given we are in a fight for survival this season and recruitment was key in changing that.

The recruitment side never improved , almost suggesting Marcel brands had very little to do with it all over the years.

We sold one of our best players mid season (and creative outlet) and replaced him with a left and right back. Neither of which have made the team since they arrived.

We loaned in a winger when we already had like 5 of them , and haven't played him at all.

And we brought a player shot on confidence who doesn't fit into the team until next season.

Never mind 500 million to go down, imagine signing 4 players to keep you up and not playing 3 of them at all and using the 4th sparingly.

We are shockingly bad.

Agreed with it all apart from brands. Ancelotti didnt sign doucoure. I dont think he signed Godfrey either. Two very limited players. One cant defend. Other is just a bit of an athlete. Awful technique.
Surely they have brands name all over them.

You look at the players Palace have brought in recently and compare it with our recruitment. The comparison is startling.

You can be absolutely 100% sure though that if we signed someone like Walker-Peters he'd have been shocking for us.

Agreed with it all apart from brands. Ancelotti didnt sign doucoure. I dont think he signed Godfrey either. Two very limited players. One cant defend. Other is just a bit of an athlete. Awful technique.
Surely they have brands name all over them.
Agree, in hindsight, doucoure and Godfrey have been poor signings too. Are Gueye and Gray the only 2 good value purchases of the Moshiri era?

Agree, in hindsight, doucoure and Godfrey have been poor signings too. Are Gueye and Gray the only 2 good value purchases of the Moshiri era?

I think the jury might be even out on gray right now. Ok 1.7m was nothing. But he's disapearing in games.
Im still bemused how brands has so many people willing to brush his time here under the carpet and say nothing to do with him. The doucoure interview said a lot. Absolutely nothing to do with the manager. DOF recruitment all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.