Recruitment of players

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the jury might be even out on gray right now. Ok 1.7m was nothing. But he's disapearing in games.
Im still bemused how brands has so many people willing to brush his time here under the carpet and say nothing to do with him. The doucoure interview said a lot. Absolutely nothing to do with the manager. DOF recruitment all day long.
It's all on the owner. He makes the other pieces somewhat irrelevant.

How is it possible to have spent so much, and be in such a mess?! By the law of averages we should have at least 1 consistently good player, but I can’t name any! A mishmash of bad players, put together by different people. Planning seems beyond us

Bought two fullbacks, he doesn’t like them by the look of it ,that's just the start of it bloody farce .no wonder we're a absolute pantomime.

Only we could be facing down a relegation battle and spend money on two full backs who aren't ready for first team football.

All you have to do is look at our policy.

I find it staggering that we tried to plan our recruitment like Newcastle did when they first went down.

Overpriced players who don’t have the drive anymore? Owen, Viduka, Geremi, Alan Smith etc… and what happens when you sign players who have no heart? You go down.

Palace are the perfect example of what we’ve done wrong. They aren’t by any means any world beaters, but they’ve signed smartly, found positional holes and filled them with hungry, attacking players who can improve their side.

Eze, Olise, Guehi, in for less than £40m. Gallagher… loan, but could easily stick around. Handy players to come in if needed like Mateta, Eduoard.

Leicester did it, Palace did…

Meanwhile, we’ve signed players who don’t fit the system, short term fixes like James, Townsend, Rondon, Allan.

£40m for Palace whilst we’ve spent £24m on Gomes, £17m on a left back who can’t get in the squad, £11m on a right back who can’t get on the squad, then your Gbamin’s, Keane’s etc who cost over £20m and are totally inept at playing football.

It’s mystifying that we’ve been allowed to continue this way?

Worthy of a best selling book/theatre show this shambles

Seeing Davies and calvert lewin cavorting around the stage in leotards and handbags will at least be worth a laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.