Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming Wolves pick up a few points along the way we might just be able to battle a win there- if they have nothing to play for they might not be up for a scrap. One thing slightly in our favour is we have on paper a slightly better final week than Leeds or Leicester.
It would be the biggest achievement in their entire history - Bournemouth relegating us.
I wouldn't underestimate their motivation for the final game.

Screenshot from 2023-04-22 12-59-36.png
Screenshot from 2023-04-22 12-59-31.png
Screenshot from 2023-04-22 12-59-43.png

It's not as if Leicester's run-in is a complete cake-walk. It's a bit better than ours or Leeds to be sure, but not by a ton, really.

Just as much as we really need points from our next two, Leeds desperately need points from their next two, because there is a decent chance that they get 0 from their last 4. Does feel like Leicester will just sneak clear eventually, especially given the huge goal difference advantage now, so our real best hope is for Leeds to continue their free-fall. If they don't do anything in their next two, the door will be gaping wide open for us.

I've watched Leeds a good bit recently, and honestly - as bad as our fans think we are - they're really not much better, if at all. If they don't get at least one win in their next two, do they even get above say, 31 points at the end? Meaning even 32 - 33 is not completely out of the realm of possibility for 17th.

Sneaky contender still in trouble is West Ham:

Screenshot from 2023-04-22 13-00-16.png

If they were to lose to Bournemouth tomorrow, how many points do they pick up before the last 2 weeks? I'd venture not that many, really. Could get interesting there, still.

So, all that to say that we're still alive, but we have to find a win asap.

Last edited:

Bottom three on GD, but the results were pretty good for us over the last two days:

S'ton spurned their last chance for survival
Leeds continue their losing run against a lacklustre Fulham
Forest blow another chance to get out of it with their 4th loss in a row
We get a point at one of the PL's form teams

Only Leicester got better than us, and they were lucky to get back into that.

View attachment 209107View attachment 209106View attachment 209108

It's not as if Leicester's run-in is a complete cake-walk. It's a bit better than ours or Leeds to be sure, but not by a ton, really.

Just as much as we really need points from our next two, Leeds desperately need points from their next two, because there is a decent chance that they get 0 from their last 4. Does feel like Leicester will just sneak clear eventually, especially given the huge goal difference advantage now, so our real best hope is for Leeds to continue their free-fall. If they don't do anything in their next two, the door will be gaping wide open for us.

I've watched Leeds a good bit recently, and honestly - as bad as our fans think we are - they're really not much better, if at all. If they don't get at least one win in their next two, do they even get above say, 31 points at the end? Meaning even 32 - 33 is not completely out of the realm of possibility for 17th.

Sneaky contender still in trouble is West Ham:

View attachment 209109

If they were to lose to Bournemouth tomorrow, how many points do they pick up before the last 2 weeks? I'd venture not that many, really. Could get interesting there, still.

So, all that to say that we're still alive, but we have to find a win very, very soon.
Be very very surprised not to see West Ham go down but a run of bad results that leaves them needing something from the final two would be very useful.

Not all to do with dropping into the relegation zone today but I just have a horrible feeling about how this is going to play out.

Where are the goals actually going to come from?
I have a similar feeling and think it more likely we go than stay, principally for that reason - where and how do we score enough goals?

I am trying to see positives thoguh.

The early Dyche games saw waves of forward play at times, just lacked the quality at the end but at least we were driving forwards. Maybe a post-Ramadan return of the first choice midfield three coupled with DCL might do it? Tellingly it was Gray that was absent for our early better form, I like him but maybe he is not the right man at the moment?

Worth remembering as well that we were in a darker hole around this time last year, I can't remember exactly when we were 5 points adrift from safety but there can't have been more than 6 or 7 games left, at least we are only a win from feeling much better this year.

I think if doucoure, dcl, Onana , Coleman come back for the last 6 then we stay up. If not then I don’t think we do. Our first eleven under dyche has enough about them…just.

6 games left. I’d say we need to beat Leicester and Newcastle…and then sun on the last day.
I cant see Leeds getting more than 5 points with their run in. We need 8 IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back