Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge two games, we really need to capitalise now.

I know every team down there is gash but it’s only a matter of time you’d think until one or two win a couple, can’t keep going our way surely.

The fact we’re still here with it in our hands given how dreadful we’ve been and played most of the season without a striker is a minor miracle.

I'm assuming that's not in order of damage committed. Would have lampard after mosh myself, how he performed as manager this year is the worst I've ever seen. I don't really remember how Walker was tactically to be fair.

Lampards way down the list imo.

Give any manager a couple of decent strikers in this Everton squad and even I'd be able to get them out of trouble. We were on a hiding to nothing the minute the first whistle of the season went with the chronic lack of options up top.

The responsibility lies with those who, in the long run, have made the decisions, and those are the ones with the most power. Managers are only a small piece in this puzzle. Lampard e.g. was clearly unsuitable as a manager, but had we been a well-run club we would never have employed Lampard. Of course, we wouldn't have had the squad we have either.

I think it will be a long way back up from the Championship - because that's where we're going - if we don't get someone else to make the strategic decisions. Football today is more about strategic decisions in the long run than tactics on the pitch.

Tomorrow, the team with the best defensive statistics in the PL meets the team with the worst offensive statistics. There is no reason to believe that we will get anything out of this match - although stranger things have happened. But don't think otherwise, we're on the way down.

We'll lose tonight, lose against Leicester yet you'll still have some on here claiming we can beat Brighton and City, and that the Bournemouth game is a guaranteed three points on the final day.

We're not good enough; we don't have any goals in us; our midfielders don't even threaten to score; we have no full backs capable of assisting attacking play; we're going down.

I'd be very very surprised if we don't go into the final game needing points, maybe all three.

The thing is to put ourselves in that position or better, beforehand.

If survival is in our own hands for the last game, then I'd take that right now.

Games are running out, and by next Monday, we have only 4 left.

Tomorrow is the time to win and would set us up to be comfortable with a point on Monday night.

I was happy with a point at Palace and I'm bullish we can get out of this, but getting 3 points soon would certainly help settle some nerves.

Newcastle will be a very tough game and it's hard to see where the goals are coming from at present. Hoping we can find a way to nick this game 1-0. Hopefully with Doucoure back we will have more energy which we will absolutely need. This could be a decisive week. The games are coming thick and fast, but let's take it one game at a time only. No thoughts welcome about Leicester on Monday. It's all about Newcastle.

We'll lose tonight, lose against Leicester yet you'll still have some on here claiming we can beat Brighton and City, and that the Bournemouth game is a guaranteed three points on the final day.

We're not good enough; we don't have any goals in us; our midfielders don't even threaten to score; we have no full backs capable of assisting attacking play; we're going down.
That will be some miracle, seeing as we don’t play till tomorrow

Lampards way down the list imo.

Give any manager a couple of decent strikers in this Everton squad and even I'd be able to get them out of trouble. We were on a hiding to nothing the minute the first whistle of the season went with the chronic lack of options up top.
Not for me, the mistakes he was making were a joke, the teams he lost points to cost us double. Hideous manager and this is his relegation

Looking at Leeds again: Garcia's interview post match reveals Rodrigo is carrying a knock and cant last a game out. Bamford is pretty hopeless these days so they're relying on 2/3rds of a game from Rodrigo at the moment and someone like Harrison to get the goals for them as he obvioulsy doesn't fancy Gnoto as an option.

I'd be very very surprised if we don't go into the final game needing points, maybe all three.

The thing is to put ourselves in that position or better, beforehand.

If survival is in our own hands for the last game, then I'd take that right now.

Games are running out, and by next Monday, we have only 4 left.

Tomorrow is the time to win and would set us up to be comfortable with a point on Monday night.
I put it as we will need three points AND two results to go in our favour, whether that means Forest and Leeds defeats, or one to lose one not to win, etc. Very, very difficult to see us staying up. Yes, we've saved ourselves before, but this squad is worse for me than the Dogs of War 90's edition where there was at least a little bit of fight amongst the players.

I feel better about it after last night. Leeds would’ve looked at that as one of their most winnable games. If Bournemouth can stop them winning, they will have four horrible fixtures to need points from.

I was happy with a point at Palace and I'm bullish we can get out of this, but getting 3 points soon would certainly help settle some nerves.

Newcastle will be a very tough game and it's hard to see where the goals are coming from at present. Hoping we can find a way to nick this game 1-0. Hopefully with Doucoure back we will have more energy which we will absolutely need. This could be a decisive week. The games are coming thick and fast, but let's take it one game at a time only. No thoughts welcome about Leicester on Monday. It's all about Newcastle.
Leicester should never be getting two more days to prepare for that than us. WTF are they doung scheduling us for Thursday instead of tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back