Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How are you guys feeling?
Still reckon we're the most likely to go, last night very frustrating.
If we don't beat Bournemouth on Sunday we're screwed.

Lampards way down the list imo.

Give any manager a couple of decent strikers in this Everton squad and even I'd be able to get them out of trouble. We were on a hiding to nothing the minute the first whistle of the season went with the chronic lack of options up top.
Cough……Chelsea……cough…….twice…..

Whilst it may be "fun" to speculate, truth is we don't know which Everton will turn up at which game. It could be the "Arsenal" version or it could be the "Fulham" version.

If we get more of the former we will squeak home, if we get the latter we are probably doomed. Even then Leeds, Leicester, Southampton and Notts Forest will have a big say in what happens - if we are to rely on ourselves, then we need to put some "sweat on the shirt", to quote our manager.

How are you guys feeling?
Still reckon we're the most likely to go, last night very frustrating.
If we don't beat Bournemouth on Sunday we're screwed.
Honestly I don't know.
Wouldn't discount any of the bottom 5 but it does seem to be 1 from 3 for 18th.
It will go down to the last day I think between Leeds and Everton.

The field is narrowing...

Leicester (29 points/ -13 g/d), Leeds (30 points/ -21 g/d) and Bournemouth (33 points/ -32 g/d) still in this mix.

4/6 points would be perfect in the next 2 games. Even 2 draws/1 win not terrible but it puts more pressure on the run in.

DCL, Doucoure, Onana and Coleman/Patterson back for these two games hopefully makes it our strongest XI.

UTFB

Think it's a shootout for the bottom 5, maybe Bournemouth get dragged back in, but that fluke against spurs likely saves them a surprising result from a side could change everything.
I think if we beat Bournemouth on Sunday it gets interesting, but I can't see that happening.

Ultimately Ancelotti failed and chose to walk away leaving us in the lurch then but he never made the list.
We would never be in this position with Ancelotti. Players would come her just to be coached by him. If we believe that players were refusing to sign for us in January, no doubt it would have been different with Carlo.

Lampard, The Board, Thelwell, FSW are all way ahead of Ancelotti. He walked away to coach a team that won the Champions League +++ I don't begrudge him that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back