Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have ridden our luck with other results to an extraordinary extent tbh. A month ago it looked like 38 might not even be enough.

It’s time we took advantage. Get beat tomorrow and I think we are done.

This was never ever going to be the case, because it never is. And every year people think it’ll take a massive points total to survive and it just doesn’t.

So why are you here saying not beating Brighton means we’re down if we’ve already lost two games that sent us down. Are we going to start next season in League 2 if we lose to Brighton as well?

We’re not down yet, we probably have an equal chance of staying up as Leicester and Forest and slightly better than Leeds and Southampton. Luckily there are five crap teams this year.
As I said its just a question of when we go down - the only issue for me now is do we finish 18th or 19th, and are we technically relegated before Bournemouth or not.

We have ridden our luck with other results to an extraordinary extent tbh. A month ago it looked like 38 might not even be enough.

It’s time we took advantage. Get beat tomorrow and I think we are done.
Disagree. With the way other teams are performing two wins would almost certainly keep us up and they’re most likely to come against Wolves and Bournemouth. A result and a Leicester loss and Forest draw or loss will make us all feel a lot better though no doubt

As I said its just a question of when we go down - the only issue for me now is do we finish 18th or 19th, and are we technically relegated before Bournemouth or not.

You said
“A Forest win and Leicester win (both the most likely results imo) sends us down if we don’t beat Brighton”
Which is a waste of words if we’re already down

not in the mood for this tbh mate
You don’t have to be in this thread where there are people who can see survival is doable whilst you in all your wisdom have pronounced us done weeks ago. Go somewhere else

Disagree. With the way other teams are performing two wins would almost certainly keep us up and they’re most likely to come against Wolves and Bournemouth. A result and a Leicester loss and Forest draw or loss will make us all feel a lot better though no doubt

It depends as much on the Leicester and Forest results as it does on our own. If both of them win and we lose then we are staring down the barrel of being mathematically relegated next weekend, with us being due to play Manchester City. If they lose then it buys us another couple of weeks.

Now look folks, this scenario is highly unlikely.
But not impossible. Weirder things have happened.
And, why not us?
Because, everton.

Love the optimism mate. I had us relegated after newcastle game. But there really is 4 poor teams in the league. Like someone said 2 wins might do it. Whether we get them or not is another question.

I can also see us drawing 3 games; which i dont think will be enough

If Forest win tomorrow, we will then need at least 4 points to finish above them on GD. If Southampton win, as I hope, it will be yet another lifeline thrown to us. We must take advantage.

Run in:

Southampton
- 24pts
Forest a
Fulham h
Brighton a
Liverpool h

Leicester - 30pts
Fulham a
Liverpool h
Newcastle a
West Ham h

Forest - 30pts
Southampton h
Chelsea a
Arsenal h
Palace a

Everton - 29pts
Brighton a
City h
Wolves a
Bournemouth h

Leeds - 30pts
Newcastle h
West Ham a
Spurs h

West Ham - 34pts
United h
Brentford a
Leeds h
Leicester a

Run in:

Southampton
- 24pts
Forest a
Fulham h
Brighton a
Liverpool h

Leicester - 30pts
Fulham a
Liverpool h
Newcastle a
West Ham h

Forest - 30pts
Southampton h
Chelsea a
Arsenal h
Palace a

Everton - 29pts
Brighton a
City h
Wolves a
Bournemouth h

Leeds - 30pts
Newcastle h
West Ham a
Spurs h

West Ham - 34pts
United h
Brentford a
Leeds h
Leicester a
I think based on that we need another 8 points. Maybe can get away with 7.

Leicester - 30pts
Fulham A WIN
Liverpool H LOSE
Newcastle A LOSE
West Ham H WIN

Forest - 30pts
Southampton H WIN
Chelsea A DRAW
Arsenal H LOSE
Palace A WIN

Leeds - 30pts
Newcastle H LOSE
West Ham A DRAW
Spurs H DRAW

West Ham - 34pts
United H LOSE
Brentford A WIN
Leeds H DRAW
Leicester A LOSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back