Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If West Ham get A draw tomorrow I’ll be celebrating as much as the Mina goal.
Get whatever you can afford to lose on a Leeds victory tomorrow. That way if they win yes we're getting relegated but at least you've probably doubled your money, and if they don't win we are favourites to stay up and you've lost money you could afford to have lost anyway.

I’m sure the entire forest squad is heavily stack with relegation clauses. The way they chase and fight for every ball is impressive.
How does a relegation clause make them fight harder? Surely it just means they can leave for a stipulated amount if the club get relegated.
No player or agent in their right mind would sign something that causes them any grief or loss of wages if the club are relegated.

How does a relegation clause make them fight harder? Surely it just means they can leave for a stipulated amount if the club get relegated.
No player or agent in their right mind would sign something that causes them any griefior loss of wages if the club are relegated.
Some contracts have clauses that vastly reduce wages

No help from Arsenal so far. They're still in for the title, so it's surprising they're not fighting more than they do. Jorginho and Trossard have been really bad signings, and Arsenal will have to buy much, much better players if they want to challenge Manchester City next season.

We need West Ham and Moyes to do us a favour. I'm not concerned about Leicester anymore. Newcastle will smash them. But Leeds? West Ham have probably been on the ale since Thursday night and Spurs are well, Spurs! I don't want to count on them if we need to play catch up on the last day.

Get whatever you can afford to lose on a Leeds victory tomorrow. That way if they win yes we're getting relegated but at least you've probably doubled your money, and if they don't win we are favourites to stay up and you've lost money you could afford to have lost anyway.
Slightly unrelated but I always wonder if relegation threatened clubs ever hedge / insure against relegation at this sort of point in the season given the cost of going down. We were 3/1 this morning to get relegated, get half the Gordon money on that and you've covered much of the cost of relegation if it goes wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back