Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don’t sign for a club thinking they’re going to get relegated. Certainly plenty of ours won’t have done. Loads of players have relegation wage slash clauses, it’s what actual competent clubs do, so you can guarantee hardly any of ours have them.
I would like to see an actual player contract thats signed and says if the club get relegated your wages are slashed and you cant leave.

Slightly unrelated but I always wonder if relegation threatened clubs ever hedge / insure against relegation at this sort of point in the season given the cost of going down. We were 3/1 this morning to get relegated, get half the Gordon money on that and you've covered much of the cost of relegation if it goes wrong.

….I doubt any firm would take a £20m bet on a club from that club. There‘d be more than a points deduction, ask Ivan Toney.

Forest game is a real kicker.

If they lost that, then they'd have needed to beat palace away if we beat Bournemouth. A draw wouldn't be enough and forest are pretty crap away from home.
If they draw today, then it's still ok. A draw again for them next week would give us the opportunity to get ahead of them on GD.

I'd take a 1-1 here right now. Gives us another avenue to potential safety.

If they draw today, then it's still ok. A draw again would give us the opportunity to get ahead of them on GD.

I'd take a 1-1 here right now. Gives us another avenue to potential safety.
Thats only if we were confident of beating Bournemouth on the last day, which I'm personally not.

Surely would be completely and utterly illegal? I mean betting on yourself opens up many many moral dilemmas....ask Ivan Toney.
I'm being a bit facetious, but talking about it more as insurance, you insure against all sorts of adverse outcomes, why not relegation? I insure my house against going on fire it doesn't mean I'm trying to set it on fire- insurance softens the blow if something bad happens it doesn't mean you are rooting for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back