Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see an actual player contract thats signed and says if the club get relegated your wages are slashed and you cant leave.
Regardless, players play for the fans….if they are in danger it’s natural that efforts increase as the danger becomes more real. In theory that should not happen but in relating it does. Additionally just looking at us, players at Everton also need to realise that if they are relegated they go down in history as only one of three Everton teams relegated….there is more motivation for our players certainly

I would like to see an actual player contract thats signed and says if the club get relegated your wages are slashed and you cant leave.

Pretty much all players who agreed to that will also have a relegation release clause inserted into deal at same time. Gana had one at 8m when Villa went down in 2016 of course so that was a bargain for this club to pick up an at the time 15-20m rated player for half his market value.

They played less than 72 hours ago. Considering a few West Ham players also played in the World cup it's going to bite on the legs at times like this unless they make 4-5 changes.

Remember going to Leicester late last season after they'd just lost to Roma in the SF? That's the sort of result Leeds could easily get tomorrow.

But West Ham didn’t lose.

We shall see tomorrow but I highly doubt he rests as many as he did last weekend.

Rice not starting what is likely to be his last ever home game for the club ? I don’t see it.

If they draw today and at Palace they go to 36. We have an opportunity to win and get to 36 with a superior GD

They started the day 1 point ahead with a worse GD, a draw here makes it 2. Another draw makes it 3. We can win and get 3.
Oh you mean if they draw again

If we get to 36 I am sure we will be safe tbh you can forget about Forest at that point

I’m more concerned about not being able to beat Bournemouth (highly possible) and trying to figure out permutations based us ending on 34

If they draw today and at Palace they go to 36. We have an opportunity to win and get to 36 with a superior GD

They started the day 1 point ahead with a worse GD, a draw here makes it 2. Another draw makes it 3. We can win and get 3.
2defeats for forest and a draw for us would have put us above them as well, whatever way we need to win next week to be certian we are safe (obvioulsy if Leeds draw/lose & Leciester dont pull of a miracle we are ok already), otherwise obviouslyy 2 wins for Leeds and if forest win this, we go down anyway -obvioulsy still so many things to happen this minute

But West Ham didn’t lose.

We shall see tomorrow but I highly doubt he rests as many as he did last weekend.

Rice not starting what is likely to be his last ever home game for the club ? I don’t see it.

Winning can also drain you. Rice I'm sure with his mentality will want to be out there so I wouldn't say 100% he'll start on the bench. He obviously sets the tempo with his style. Huge disaster for West Ham though if he picks up an injury and dosen't make the final.

They'll leave likes of Antonio out and start Ings and Fornals who are still perfectly decent top level players so not like half the youth team will play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back