Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly unrelated but I always wonder if relegation threatened clubs ever hedge / insure against relegation at this sort of point in the season given the cost of going down. We were 3/1 this morning to get relegated, get half the Gordon money on that and you've covered much of the cost of relegation if it goes wrong.
Never thought of it that way, but I'm sure it wouldn't fly with the powers that be. Excellent strategic thinking though!

Was persecuted for saying that point was very likely useless in the Wolves thread - but this is exactly why. We now potentially have no control over our future
We have no control now…if the unthinkable does occur and Leeds or Leicester wins both of their remaining games, we are done for Im afraid. It is no longer in our hands and we have to hope for resistance from our rivals opponents. Squeaky Bum Time the next two days

Well id sack my agent if i had a clause like that in my contract! No hope any players would sign that surely?

You don’t sign for a club thinking they’re going to get relegated. Certainly plenty of ours won’t have done. Loads of players have relegation wage slash clauses, it’s what actual competent clubs do, so you can guarantee hardly any of ours have them.

Forest game is a real kicker.

If they lost that, then they'd have needed to beat palace away if we beat Bournemouth. A draw wouldn't be enough and forest are pretty crap away from home.

Slightly unrelated but I always wonder if relegation threatened clubs ever hedge / insure against relegation at this sort of point in the season given the cost of going down. We were 3/1 this morning to get relegated, get half the Gordon money on that and you've covered much of the cost of relegation if it goes wrong.
Surely would be completely and utterly illegal? I mean betting on yourself opens up many many moral dilemmas....ask Ivan Toney.

Never thought of it that way, but I'm sure it wouldn't fly with the powers that be. Excellent strategic thinking though!
You obviously wouldn't be bashing that sort of dough on with 365 but if you classed it as insurance you might find someone willing to take it on and could keep it within the rules - I assume clubs insure against all sorts of stuff so why not relegation?

We have no control now…if the unthinkable does occur and Leeds or Leicester wins both of their remaining games, we are done for Im afraid. It is no longer in our hands and we have to hope for resistance from our rivals opponents. Squeaky Bum Time the next two days
Either Leicester or Leeds win tomorrow it's game over I'm afraid. Our chance was today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back