Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
West Ham and the fans will surely be buzzing? They won’t want to end their league campaign at home with a defeat, they’ll want the current feel good factor to keep up the momentum going in to the final of the cup. I think it’ll be a draw actually, which would be absolutely fine. That would mean the late equaliser yesterday suddenly become huge and actually mean something. Without that we’d have dropped in to the relegation zone on goal difference if Leeds pick up a point today and it would then still be out of our hands.

Thinking about it now, last season we scraped by, this season I am struggling to see how we stay up, I was there Wimbledon, Coventry were i still had belief before those games, this time i really dont have that and even if we do we would need massive investment into the squad and I mean massive otherwise it will be next year for definite.

The whole club is pathetic

All down to West Ham today, if West Ham don’t lose, all we have to do is better Leeds result for me.

Leicester surely won’t be beating Newcastle?
No chance Leicester beat Newcastle. Newcastle fans will want the win to celebrate getting into the Champions league.

Leeds is the worry as they are playing two teams that aren’t really bothered about the league. West Ham have a final and Spurs gave up two months ago.

It’s quite staggering seeing the amount of Evertonians on Twitter saying they didn’t even celebrate our equaliser as it makes “zero difference” to the potential outcome. Surely we’re all studying the table? It’s possible that in the end it doesn’t actually make a difference, but right now it certainly does. If we hadn’t have equalised yesterday and Leeds pick up a point today, we’d be in the bottom three on goal difference going in to the last game with our destiny still out of our hands. It might still be if Leicester win at Newcastle on Monday but that’s unlikely. That late late equaliser yesterday could be absolutely crucial.

If Leeds win today , it's all over.
Who knows what West Ham will turn up.
My gut feeling is that they won't put up much of a fight.
One thing you can be assured of ( sadly) is that Fat Sam will definitely get Leeds fired up for the last 2 games.

If Leeds win today , it's all over.
Who knows what West Ham will turn up.
My gut feeling is that they won't put up much of a fight.
One thing you can be assured of ( sadly) is that Fat Sam will definitely get Leeds fired up for the last 2 games.
I agree with Leeds winning it's done.
But I don't think it will be a turn up and they win. West Ham should have enough about them regardless of some rotations to put a couple goals past Leeds.
Leeds need to win, I don't think a draw is any good for them.

I agree with Leeds winning it's done.
But I don't think it will be a turn up and they win. West Ham should have enough about them regardless of some rotations to put a couple goals past Leeds.
Leeds need to win, I don't think a draw is any good for them.
Finger's crossed

Today is sadly the day when our fans finally realise we're getting relegated. Been a lot of hopeful predicting going on, but today it ends. Going into the final day 18th and needing to win and have other results go our way.

I know what you mean. Last year against Palace even at 0-2 down, when we got one back you just knew something was happening. We had Dom and Richy, big game players and match winners up top. This time you wonder where the inspiration comes from, Coleman more of a miss than probably some realise. He’s a huge presence on the field. We’re at the point where we’re relying on a centre half nodding in a set piece and keeping a clean sheet at the back. That can unravel quickly if we concede. It does indeed feel different this time but all we can do is hope and pray we somehow get lucky and fall over the line.

With the title race now sewn up, I’m pretty sure we’ll now be one of the live TV games next Sunday. Sky will want to be at Goodison to see one of the great clubs fall, that’ll be the big story of the day for them. I honestly don’t think I can sit through it..
I feel the same - just got a sick feeling about this season. The team we had on the pitch at the end vs wolves I don’t think will beat bournemouth.

Relying on moyes’ hungover brigade not to get beat doesnt give me much confidence

Today is sadly the day when our fans finally realise we're getting relegated. Been a lot of hopeful predicting going on, but today it ends. Going into the final day 18th and needing to win and have other results go our way.
At least wait until Leeds have played for this level of doom-mongery. I think they’ll beat them too but the points aren’t on the board yet and you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.