Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pathetic this, I am annual leave today and don’t work Fridays, I had a late night night and I am awake at this hour and the first thing I am doing is reading this forum and checking if mates are texting in groups. It’s consumed me this, just as I am waiting for a mate/ close relative in a coma to wake up. I have tried to play down relegation to my mates blue and red. For weeks I have been one minute “ we will be fine” to the next “ we are goosed” but for the last few days I have felt this is our time even given our position from the last 3 teams to know our fate but I just don’t trust us to have the players who can stand up and fight when it really matters. I wanted the job done st wolves given our away form is a tad better then the home form and just feel the pressure will be too much for these clowns.

If we go I want everyone one off the players to know this is the biggest [Poor language removed] stain in your career in being part of an everton 11 that goes to the second tier and to the board and all that have supported them. You really would have the Everton that you deserve.

…..sleep is awful. Can’t help thinking that Leicester’s draw at Newcastle is pivotal and the back post header missed by Bruno Guimarães will be the key moment that relegates us.

Think you can substitute his play in the final 3rd for Gray and not lose anything by sticking him at fullback as he'd still get licence to get forward and put crosses in.

Won't happen. But when he did play there last season, I personally think he had his best games for us and it's where his role should be.

Playing Wobes at RB then gives you Simms and Gray while not changing the midfield of Gana, Garner, and Doucs and adds more threat imo
It just creates a back 5 and takes Iwobi and McNeil out of the attack.

If we were playing for a draw it could work, as it's a solid shape that should keep us in the game but we wont be creating any chances playing like that with Iwobi and McNeil so deep.

Simms won't be playing as Dyche doesnt trust him, probably because he doesnt work hard and has no awareness of shape off the ball

Pathetic this, I am annual leave today and don’t work Fridays, I had a late night night and I am awake at this hour and the first thing I am doing is reading this forum and checking if mates are texting in groups. It’s consumed me this, just as I am waiting for a mate/ close relative in a coma to wake up. I have tried to play down relegation to my mates blue and red. For weeks I have been one minute “ we will be fine” to the next “ we are goosed” but for the last few days I have felt this is our time even given our position from the last 3 teams to know our fate but I just don’t trust us to have the players who can stand up and fight when it really matters. I wanted the job done st wolves given our away form is a tad better then the home form and just feel the pressure will be too much for these clowns.

If we go I want everyone one off the players to know this is the biggest [Poor language removed] stain in your career in being part of an everton 11 that goes to the second tier and to the board and all that have supported them. You really would have the Everton that you deserve.
I share your pain.
Keep the faith.

Hope your mate/ close relative will be ok, we just have to win on Sunday, sounds simple I know but it’s the only way to look at it, it’s in our own hands and we the fans will play our part again and hope we get them over the line, an early goal and 3 points would be appreciated by everyone.

Last edited:
…..sleep is awful. Can’t help thinking that Leicester’s draw at Newcastle is pivotal and the back post header missed by Bruno Guimarães will be the key moment that relegates us.
But you could also look at the save Pope made at the end, as I thought if that had gone in thats it were gone.
So we live to fight another day and if we don't do it now we deserve to go down

Lol, as if we're talking about the importance level of a trophy when we haven't won anything in nearly 3 decades.

The aim of the game is to win the competition you're in, so yes - it is a big trophy.
I hope Tottenham agrees with you all. I just have a different opinion.

But you could also look at the save Pope made at the end, as I thought if that had gone in thats it were gone.
So we live to fight another day and if we don't do it now we deserve to go down

….yep, it was nearly a master plan from Smith but he might just have done enough to keep Leicester up with that team selection that was being laughed at on here.

I think only one team will get 4 points from their last 2 games and that team will stay up. We will draw & Goal difference will ultimately work in Leicester’s favour.

an unbelievable miss that Eggs , clearly he was more worried about colliding with the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back