Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They will obviously Deflate and sink.
Gradually followed by a sickness feeling and 'We knew this was coming' that starts erupting into Anger and Frustration at 'how this has been allowed to happen...

Whatever people think and as already just sick to death of the misery they have been put through.
You all still want the same Result/Scenario come final whistle.....
The previous other last day relegation battles I have mainly felt sick throughout. The early goal against Coventry produced unleashed emotion followed a minute later by the sickness feeling for the remainder of the game.
With that knowledge and experience I have decided to just get pissed. Ive just started drinking from 5pm today
A day to dread

I can just picture you waxing your mustache at the beach, gets wax on your shirt. Wipes it off with your shoe.
Can I have a mullet and a pickup truck instead? I can see myself shouting "roll tide" and telling Canadians to f off home

I really hope we stay up. Anyone else hope we stay up tomorrow? I hope we do. I hope we win. If we don't win then I hope Leicester and Leeds don't win, cos then we could stay up anyway. I hope we stay up.

I really hope we stay up. Anyone else hope we stay up tomorrow? I hope we do. I hope we win. If we don't win then I hope Leicester and Leeds don't win, cos then we could stay up anyway. I hope we stay up.
I think we win and let’s be honest if we can’t beat Bournemouth at home who have nowt to play for we deserve to go down

Moyes sounds like he's going for it tomorrow:

"I see it as a chance to get another league place higher up," said Moyes, whose 14th-placed team could finish as high as 12th. "We're all well aware of the value of that in the Premier League but I think if you gave me this position a few weeks ago, I would've snapped your hands off because being in a position where we don't go into the last day with any problems and, more importantly, we go into it knowing we've got a cup final in a week or so's time.

"We have to get another win, we have to see if we can finish a little bit higher up the league - if we did it'll be important for us. We're preparing ourselves for a final, we have to be getting everybody in the right condition for that."

And Moyes is more than aware that allowing too much rest could see the Hammers lose their edge. "We want everybody fresh but we want them all able and prepared," said the Hammers manager. "We don't want the gap in time between the games to be too long.

"All of those things are coming into our thinking. We want to keep playing as well as we have, we've improved greatly in the last month or so, we had a really good victory last weekend, we won at Alkmaar as well, so we want to try keep that run going."

(Apologies if this has already been posted)
From our perspective it’s a big bonus that the europa league final is before the conference final. If it had been this Wednesday then moyes would obviously have rested what he considered to be his starting 11, but he really can’t afford to rest players as it would be almost 3 weeks between their last game and the final. I can see him going with a very strong line up 🤞

My final prediction is that tomorrow will be semi climactic. Leicester will go down by 2 goals relatively early which will taken them out of the running.

Everton and Leeds will take 1-goal leads late into their respective games. Everton will give up a tying goal to Bournemouth which creates some drama for 15 minutes. Leeds can’t get to a 3 goal lead in that time and Everton and Bournemouth play to a tie with neither team scoring again.

Everton and Leeds end up tied at 34 points, with Everton staying up on goal differential. Leicester finishes at 31 points in 19th place.

In the end Everton chokes and also stays up, which sounds appropriate for this season. I don’t believe Everton is one of the 3 worst clubs in the PL, but they’re also bad— and there will be no glory in how they manage to stay up.

Status
Not open for further replies.