Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Suspect most other fans would like us to go down, based on our history etc. But if Leicester go down, Vardy will have won the league and been relegated with the same team. That's quite a story. When was the last time that happened?
When Blackburn won the title in 95/96 didn't they go down within two seasons? pretty sure a handful of players would've been included there.

Just heard someone say on TalkSport the most pressure is on Everton because we HAVE to win.

No mention of the fact that, even if we don't win, a draw is no good to Leeds or Leicester.

We're actually the only team out of the 3 who could stay up without winning.

Just heard someone say on TalkSport the most pressure is on Everton because we HAVE to win.

No mention of the fact that, even if we don't win, a draw is no good to Leeds or Leicester.

We're actually the only team out of the 3 who could stay up without winning.
True, but there's a certain stress having it all in your hands-you have it all to lose.
We, for example, have no expectations whatsoever.

You hurtful innumerates don't deserve hope.

Pog ma thoin.

At least you correctly include z rather than shutting in words such as realize, organize etc.

It is the correct preferred Oxford way of spelling these words.

Apparently the English began to use s during the Napoleonic wars as the French were using z in similar words.

Ironically today the French also use s.... e.g. realiser :)

I prefer the Oxford spelling.

If we do stay up there should be no repeat of the celebration from last year's fiasco. I totally understand the relief but the hero worship of overall failure was laughable.

Lampard stood there taking in the adulation like he's a rock star for simply solidifying any doubts about his ability was horrendous to see.

If we do stay up then I'm straight out of the ground at the full time whistle

No celebrating, no nothing

It's a day that is set-up for one of the sides below us to escape. That would be the scenario if this was scripted.

Thankfully it's not Ted Lasso here. It's in our hands and we have 90+ minutes at home to make sure.

That's the good thing about having no hope! No nerves or stress.
It’s the hope that kills mate, and I wouldn’t have wished bisto boobs as manager on my worst enemy - he nearly had me packing in Everton when he was here - hated it.

I’d wish you luck if it wasn’t us in the mess with you, but we need it all ourselves, sorry.

It’s the hope that kills mate, and I wouldn’t have wished bisto boobs as manager on my worst enemy - he nearly had me packing in Everton when he was here - hated it.

I’d wish you luck if it wasn’t us in the mess with you, but we need it all ourselves, sorry.
To be honest, whoever we got in last 4 games wouldn't have had a chance. Thankfully he'll be gone come 6.30 on Sunday (one positive to look forward to)

If we do stay up there should be no repeat of the celebration from last year's fiasco. I totally understand the relief but the hero worship of overall failure was laughable.

Lampard stood there taking in the adulation like he's a rock star for simply solidifying any doubts about his ability was horrendous to see.
I think part of the celebrations last year was the bringing of the team and the fans closer together during the run-in.
For all his failings as a manager, Lampard tapped into that to paper over the cracks but It was never going to be sustainable. It’s that which is why a lot of people continued to back him when he should have been chased out of town before the World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.