Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understood it last year. But if fans start to celebrate staying up like they would winning a trophy then it will cement it in the minds of the club/manager/players that it is somehow an acceptable level for us to operate at.

It's not celebration, it's relief. Watch back the end of the Wimbledon game or Coventry or Palace, you can see it. It may look like joy but its a release of sheer relief and anxiety.

I wont begrudge any Evertonian tomorrow wanting to jump in the air and release tears of happiness because we've avoided relegation. That's not us accepting it, we are well aware. The players are well aware, the manager is well aware.

The only people who aren't aware and would celebrate it and have celebrated it previously is this disgrace of a board.

So folks, don't be harsh if you see a 13 year old lad jumping for joy on the pitch, or a 65 year old fella crying and on his knees kissing the turf. It's football, it's tribal, it means everything to a lot of people.

The board will be told once everything quietens down after the game, that they still aren't welcome and won't ever be welcomed back.

It's not celebration, it's relief. Watch back the end of the Wimbledon game or Coventry or Palace, you can see it. It may look like joy but its a release of sheer relief and anxiety.

I wont begrudge any Evertonian tomorrow wanting to jump in the air and release tears of happiness because we've avoided relegation. That's not us accepting it, we are well aware. The players are well aware, the manager is well aware.

The only people who aren't aware and would celebrate it and have celebrated it previously is this disgrace of a board.

So folks, don't be harsh if you see a 13 year old lad jumping for joy on the pitch, or a 65 year old fella crying and on his knees kissing the turf. It's football, it's tribal, it means everything to a lot of people.

The board will be told once everything quietens down after the game, that they still aren't welcome and won't ever be welcomed back.
I agree , but my anger is at boiling point , and I will not be celebrating our survival tomorrow I will be venting that fury , whatever the result.

Moyes sounds like he's going for it tomorrow:

"I see it as a chance to get another league place higher up," said Moyes, whose 14th-placed team could finish as high as 12th. "We're all well aware of the value of that in the Premier League but I think if you gave me this position a few weeks ago, I would've snapped your hands off because being in a position where we don't go into the last day with any problems and, more importantly, we go into it knowing we've got a cup final in a week or so's time.

"We have to get another win, we have to see if we can finish a little bit higher up the league - if we did it'll be important for us. We're preparing ourselves for a final, we have to be getting everybody in the right condition for that."

And Moyes is more than aware that allowing too much rest could see the Hammers lose their edge. "We want everybody fresh but we want them all able and prepared," said the Hammers manager. "We don't want the gap in time between the games to be too long.

"All of those things are coming into our thinking. We want to keep playing as well as we have, we've improved greatly in the last month or so, we had a really good victory last weekend, we won at Alkmaar as well, so we want to try keep that run going."

(Apologies if this has already been posted)

I agree , but my anger is at boiling point , and I will not be celebrating our survival tomorrow I will be venting that fury , whatever the result.
Sorry m8, but I bet you will...

Obviously It will follow with your fury later, but the moment that whistle blows, if we've stayed up your mind and body will Release an almighty smack of relief, that you won't be able to control....

Obviously It will follow with your fury later, but the moment that whistle blows, if we've stayed up your mind and body will Release an almighty smack of relief, that you won't be able to control....
And what will happen to our minds and bodies if we go down?

Very sick of anyone and everyone on radio, TV and online saying that the only team out of the 3 that can stay up by either winning, losing or drawing is actually in a worse position that the 2 teams that can only stay up by winning and even that may not be enough. ‘Koff with a capital OFF.

"I see it as a chance to get another league place higher up," said Moyes, whose 14th-placed team could finish as high as 12th. "We're all well aware of the value of that in the Premier League but I think if you gave me this position a few weeks ago, I would've snapped your hands off because being in a position where we don't go into the last day with any problems and, more importantly, we go into it knowing we've got a cup final in a week or so's time.

"We have to get another win, we have to see if we can finish a little bit higher up the league - if we did it'll be important for us. We're preparing ourselves for a final, we have to be getting everybody in the right condition for that."

And Moyes is more than aware that allowing too much rest could see the Hammers lose their edge. "We want everybody fresh but we want them all able and prepared," said the Hammers manager. "We don't want the gap in time between the games to be too long.

"All of those things are coming into our thinking. We want to keep playing as well as we have, we've improved greatly in the last month or so, we had a really good victory last weekend, we won at Alkmaar as well, so we want to try keep that run going."

Moyes will tell them they're playing for their cup final places as well I suspect.

The more I read into the build up the less confident I am in West Ham competing well against Leicester. We will have to do it ourselves it feels

Imo, he would be an idiot not to.

Each to their own but I like to celebrate...and moan at...what happens on the field. So if Maupay or Keane score tomorrow and we stay up, not one little bit of me will be thinking: "but Moshiri is very bad at running a football club..." I have all Summer to indulge in that...

You may be right
But I’ve celebrated too many survivals already , the reality is it’s small time and a bit pathetic really.
And at this point what are celebrating, not being quite as rubbish as three other clubs for the second season running!!!
I am old enough to remember what celebrating actual successes feels like , I was in Rotterdam goddamn it with thousands of others. That’s what Everton football club should celebrating actual success not the fact of mere survival,
And what are we celebrating tomorrow?surviving to ,at best , enjoy another 30years of nothingness.?
Sorry!
I need to lie down😀

The more I read into the build up the less confident I am in West Ham competing well against Leicester. We will have to do it ourselves it feels
I'm more confident in West Ham than I am Spurs to be honest. West Ham has been playing well, plus they have a final to prepare for and overall have underperformed this season. There's a few reasons right there why I think they'll take care of a poor Leicester side. But like you said, ultimately we will have to do it ourselves to avoid any certain of worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.