Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You could ease up on the kiss of death stuff here mate! All I know is in these situations it's not usually the team that looks most likely to. Or at least they make it bloody hard work.

This time last week with Leeds to play West Ham and Leicester playing on the Monday: if someone had offered the chance to start on the final day out of the relegation spots with 2 points to spare you'd have been delighted.

We cant ignore the fact we have that advantage.

This time last week with Leeds to play West Ham and Leicester playing on the Monday: if someone had offered the chance to start on the final day out of the relegation spots with 2 points to spare you'd have been delighted.

We cant ignore the fact we have that advantage.

I don't ignore it but it means nothing until it is over. 2 early red cards, one for us and say one for Spurs could throw that right out the window.

If we are all drawing or at least the other two are in the last 10 seconds of their games then I'll thank my lucky stars we have those two points.

I don't ignore it but it means nothing until it is over. 2 early red cards, one for us and say one for Spurs could throw that right out the window.

If we are all drawing or at least the other two are in the last 10 seconds of their games then I'll thank my lucky stars we have those two points.
Of course. But we can all project these fantastically constructed scenarios - either way.

It is what it is: we have a MASSIVE advantage going into this last game.

I'm in no mood to minimize that. If it was the other way around I'd be desolate right now.

Latest omen from deepest Leicestershire:
I was in a pub this afternoon with my Leicester supporting son-in-law with lots of Leicester blue on show. Then a lad about 13 or so comes into the pub garden wearing the pink Everton away kit! About 10 minutes later he and his mate leave and my son-in-law says, “whichever one gets out first stays up tomorrow!”
You will be reassured that it was our lad of course!!!!

We'll be at it right from the whistle tomorrow. Even if we do fall behind, the Goodison crowd will stay with the team as we did last year when Palace were two up at half time. We'll beat Bournemouth tomorrow, we're miles better than them.

Of course. But we can all project these fantastically constructed scenarios - either way.

It is what it is: we have a MASSIVE advantage going into this last game.

I'm in no mood to minimize that. If it was the other way around I'd be desolate right now.

Sure it would look bleak and I would rather be in our shoes but what I said isn't really a fantastically constructed scenario, it's football and these things happen. Case in point we were beating Brentford last year, everything looking rosy and then within 20 seconds we were denied a penalty to make it 2-0 and Braithwaite gets himself sent off. You know the rest... That's not to say I think that will happen but it isn't in the realms of fantasy to say it couldn't.

We've just got to be on it from the first second and make sure there are no silly tackles, retaliations or pulls that could leave us with a significantly harder task. That isn't just talking about red cards but also penalties and free kicks in dangerous areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.