Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
absolutely this, and that is what the players will feel too. They'll feel the improvements, they'll know that games are within reach and wins are coming. Confidence looks good even without a win, get a win then others will follow. As always, our season will depend on injuries to key players.
If only two of our draws had swung the other way, we could be sitting up towards the European places. Ifs and buts of course, but we're not miles away.

I am more confident in the squad, the manager and how they're actually playing compared to last season; yesterday was the first time, in a long time, we clicked.

It’s interesting watching these early season games to get a sense of how things are shaking out.

It’s too early to call on Forest. They are a bunch of strangers but they won’t be for long.

I think Villa and Leicester are limited by their managerial situation at present. I’m fairly certain Gerrard goes soon, but the finances being what they are at Leicester I’m not sure they’ll be as quick to pull the trigger.

West Ham will grind it out and move away. Moyes will see to that, I think.

Leeds could go either way. Their manager is a lunatic.

Southampton and Bournemouth look weak, but have still got points on the board.

I’m finding the whole thing oddly fascinating in a detached sort of way, even though we’re certainly part of the conversation.

It’s interesting watching these early season games to get a sense of how things are shaking out.

It’s too early to call on Forest. They are a bunch of strangers but they won’t be for long.

I think Villa and Leicester are limited by their managerial situation at present. I’m fairly certain Gerrard goes soon, but the finances being what they are at Leicester I’m not sure they’ll be as quick to pull the trigger.

I’m finding the whole thing oddly fascinating in a detached sort of way, even though we’re certainly part of the conversation.

Injuries play a massive part as well. We’re still feeling optimistic despite having Mina Godfrey Holgate Docuoure Calvert Lewin injured. We’ve only just got Allan back. We’re not far off some of those players returning though. There’s some teams down with us where if you took out three centre backs, a first choice midfielder and their best striker they’d be losing every game. We’ve done well in my view to ride the storm early on.

There is a massive improvement is certains area of the the team but in the most vital , the final third , we still lack creativity and goals.

It would appear that Frank is , as most good teams do , is building from the back , and with a bit of patience I'm reasonably confident that he will get the balance right and we will strat to pick up wins.

In the meanwhile being hard to beat is a good start.

too early to exclude Fulham for the mix for the drop too.

There is a massive improvement is certains area of the the team but in the most vital , the final third , we still lack creativity and goals.

It would appear that Frank is , as most good teams do , is building from the back , and with a bit of patience I'm reasonably confident that he will get the balance right and we will strat to pick up wins.

In the meanwhile being hard to beat is a good start.

In the last few games we have started to create really good quality chances from open play. Finishing them is still an issue due to the lack of a serious goal threat brought in by our DOF in the summer, but it’s still a far, far cry from the last two seasons of having 20% possession and relying on set pieces for chances. I am encouraged by the work we appear to be doing on the training pitch.

Aside from the new additions one of the biggest plus factors for this season is that the toxic influence of the Spanish spacehopper had in doing his best to completely wreck the club from the inside out has, under Franks positive approach, been purged.

I am sure that some of the players will only just be coming back to a feeling of being comfortable and confident playing football after chorizo chops pushed them/us into a relegation freefall.

Football is definetely a game in which confidence is important and you can see Frank has been working on that and identifying players that can help and those that cannot.

I haven’t moved far away from Bournemouth, Southampton, Forest and Fulham scrapping it out. Villa and Leicester you would think will pull out of it but slower than ourselves, West Ham. Think Brentford and Leeds will sink downwards too.

will be interesting at the bottom. “Big” six will be the top six.

….not much movement in our odds, still a general 2-1;

23C5FF34-AE12-409D-ABF5-1CCE42709A97.jpeg

Leicester getting ripped apart by Brighton and look shambolic.

I appreciate that Brighton play great football but don't usually score many.

Despite selling Fofana and not being able to play Faes they don't even have Soyunco or Vestergard on the bench!

Would be wonderful to see Brenda take Leicester down.

Leicester getting ripped apart by Brighton and look shambolic.

I appreciate that Brighton play great football but don't usually score many.

Despite selling Fofana and not being able to play Faes they don't even have Soyunco or Vestergard on the bench!

Would be wonderful to see Brenda take Leicester down.

Think Brenda gone this week

Status
Not open for further replies.