Relegation 23/24 Thread

I'd like another 6, but more realistically 4pts this week. Cos that would be a long awaited happy week...🙃

( Not gonna get my hopes up tho !!
I think there's a point in the next two games and a win against either or both of Luton and Sheff Utd.

seems unlikely or does it

if you are going to have 2 away games to survive then it can't get better than the two worst teams in the league to play away from home

sheffield united and burnley both have the worst home record in the league with only two wins in 17 games

so again unlikely that sheffield united or burnley will win as well
Let's call it two draws then.

Gain points over Luton this weekend (predicting a disappointing L and D In our two games, a L for Luton) and we can ensure get they can't overtake us by avoiding defeat against them, with a safety blanket of Sheffield United at home if they do beat us.

Not sure you've done the numbers correctly there. We would be on 27 from 33 had we lost. Even losing to Luton we could have reached 39. Luton can only get to 37.
We have Liverpool and Arsenal to play which is a guarantee of no points from either game. So if we also lose to Luton that just leaves a possible 6 points from Brentford and Sheffield United which would put us on 36 as it stands. Luton could get to 37 with 4 wins but considering they've only won 4 in the last 21 PL games I think 4 in 4 is beyond unlikely.

We have Liverpool and Arsenal to play which is a guarantee of no points from either game. So if we also lose to Luton that just leaves a possible 6 points from Brentford and Sheffield United which would put us on 36 as it stands. Luton could get to 37 with 4 wins but considering they've only won 4 in the last 21 PL games I think 4 in 4 is beyond unlikely.
What has that got to do with my post?

Liverpool at Home is not a guarantee of no points though.

Last 5 Goodison Derbies:

22/23: 0-0
21/22: 1-4
20/21: 2-2
19/20: 0-0
18/19: 0-0

1 defeat and 4 draws.

Not sure you've done the numbers correctly there. We would be on 27 from 33 had we lost. Even losing to Luton we could have reached 39. Luton can only get to 37.
You’re right, I didn’t factor in the game in hand.

Regardless, I’ve seen Luton fans mostly say the draw was the better result and some saying they’d have rather us lose than Forest as the next best. Fact is it’s so debatable what Luton wanted (especially with the mystery of the appeals) that a Luton supporting official wouldn’t know how to rig the game even if he was minded to.

Let's be optimistic.

RS= Usual loss= ( 0 points)

Brentford= win ( 3 points)

Luton= draw ( 1 point)

Blades= win (3 points)

Arse= usual tanking, loss ( 0 points)

End of season on 37 points, should be enough.

Let's be optimistic.

Luton= draw ( 1 point)

Blades= win (3 points)

That would definitely be enough because if that happens the absolute maximum Luton could get would be 35.

Let's be optimistic.

Luton= draw ( 1 point)

Blades= win (3 points)

Thats pretty much what i think, but hoping we can grap a draw tomorrow as the home Derby most of the time ends level. no matter the form of both clubs.