Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1000020073.jpg

We need to keep ploughing on, and be at least 9 points clear of relegation just in case. I know that sounds impossible but if it is a low year and 32 points comes 18th we would need 51. On current points per game we would get 54.

Looking well ahead: I'd say 5 of our last 8 games look very winnable with maybe a draw or 2 for the other 3.

By then we'll know if we have any points back from the ones deducted. I'd we do get 4 or 5 then we're likely safe. But that run in looks like a soft landing apart from Arsenal away last game of the season.
Was thinking that myself Dave, unusual for us to have a kind run-in, so we absolutely have to capitalise on it!

Was thinking that myself Dave, unusual for us to have a kind run-in, so we absolutely have to capitalise on it!
Imagine being in a position where just after Easter we need to pick up about 4 or 5 points for mathematical safety from those last 8 fixtures or so.

What a luxury that would be.

If they had us half our points back I think that's where we'll be.

Imagine being in a position where just after Easter we need to pick up about 4 or 5 points for mathematical safety from those last 8 fixtures or so.

What a luxury that would be.

If they had us half our points back I think that's where we'll be.
To be honest Dave, I don't think we will need any handout from the scum at PL. barring some catastrophic injuries, I see us having enough to claw ourselves away from the drop zone on our own merits. Don’t get me wrong it would be great to have points returned, but I don't believe we will need them for survival.
To be honest, I think the injustice suits the psyche of the club and the fans, we are at our best when we are treated badly by the establishment.

To be honest Dave, I don't think we will need any handout from the scum at PL. barring some catastrophic injuries, I see us having enough to claw ourselves away from the drop zone on our own merits. Don’t get me wrong it would be great to have points returned, but I don't believe we will need them for survival.
To be honest, I think the injustice suits the psyche of the club and the fans, we are at our best when we are treated badly by the establishment.
The disappointing thing for me is that teams above us like Wolves, B'mouth and Fulham have been picking up wins. We need to see Forest, Palace and Brentford all struggle to hand us a chance to leapfrog them in the coming weeks.

I'd take as much back from the PL deductions as possible. That won't take the wind out of our sails, it'll probably settle us down even more and we'd get a psychological boost.

More the points back we get the further we finish up the league...financially its massive for at the minute mate. Lets not cut our nose off to spite our face.

Also every single point that was taking off us was hard fought and earned by the players,management,club staff and fans...we may not get them all back but i definitely want some.

The disappointing thing for me is that teams above us like Wolves, B'mouth and Fulham have been picking up wins. We need to see Forest, Palace and Brentford all struggle to hand us a chance to leapfrog them in the coming weeks.

I'd take as much back from the PL deductions as possible. That won't take the wind out of our sails, it'll probably settle us down even more and we'd get a psychological boost.
I can see us finishing 11th or so without our points back. Wolves is a big game in a few days

But you're forgetting that they are fantastic at home.
I am always surprised genuinely how many people actually say that all over the place. That Toon win was off course only their 2nd home win of the season, and they have less home points than us - only Sheff Utd and Burnely lost more home games than Luton

That Sheff v Luton game today will be an awkward watch from our POV, for any that watch it lol

I am always surprised genuinely how many people actually say that all over the place. That Toon win was off course only their 2nd home win of the season, and they have less home points than us - only Sheff Utd and Burnely lost more home games than Luton

That Sheff v Luton game today will be an awkward watch from our POV, for any that watch it lol
So am I but I was being sarcastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.