Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So turn that into a positive, we collect a similar number of points in the second half, without the deduction plus maybe some points back following the appeal.
Have faith, negativity breeds negativity.
I'm neither positive nor negative. My concern is that by the time we get to our easier run of fixtures we will be a fair few points adrift which then puts us under a lot of pressure. However given when we were deducted 10 points I didn't think we'd be much into double figures by now, I'm more hopeful than I was. We could do with a win win against Villa so that scenario doesn't occur.

Went today as live in the Midlands. A yard off the pace from kick off and it was very very poor.

Seems this is a very streaky league this year with so many teams looking poor and then going and winning 4 of the next 5.

My worry is the away form is going to level out significantly as looking at the back 9 and it's a very hard run in, still got to go to both Manchester clubs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle for five of those fixtures. Would add in Brighton but of course we know what happened there last season and Dyche also won 3-0 there with Burnley the other year so his gameplan always seems to be spot on down at the Amex.

Need to get out of this malaise as in a months time Fulham away is a must win. Also need to continue the decent run at Goodison as ultimately the home games v Brentford, Forest, Palace, Burnley and Sheffield United will decide everything. There's plenty of points there if the team can keep Doucoure fit as those are types of occasions he excels in.

Always amazed me the amount who just thought the club could act like -10 wasn't a hugely significant issue. Did people just assume the team was going to win pretty much every away for the rest of the season or something? It was always going to balance out and here we are.

we have 5 home games (Forest, Palace, Brentford, Burnley, Sheffield) and 2 away games (Fulham, Luton) against our competitors. So enough time to sort it out hopefully. We got to win the majority of them and then pick the points of the rest of the games. Luton away is not easy since they beat Newcastle there and the top 4 also struggled there.
Won 2, Drew 2, Lost 6. Top bombing.

Won 2, Drew 2, Lost 6. Top bombing.

Luton second half of the season have all of Forest, Bournemouth, Sheffield United, Brentford, Fulham and Everton at Kenilworth Road so loads of relegation six points on home turf and way they've been playing in last month you'd fancy them to win 3-4 of them. Could also see them turning over Man. United if they score first in that one as that's the exact sort of entitled team that would give up in their atmosphere.

I think they could well reach 30 points now if not more so cannot be complacent given what they've showed since late November.

Luton second half of the season have all of Forest, Bournemouth, Sheffield United, Brentford, Fulham and Everton at Kenilworth Road so loads of relegation six points on home turf and way they've been playing in last month you'd fancy them to win 3-4 of them. Could also see them turning over Man. United if they score first in that one as that's the exact sort of entitled team that would give up in their atmosphere.

I think they could well reach 30 points now if not more so cannot be complacent given what they've showed since late November.
Of course, all of these teams have nothing to play for so the mighty Luton will steamroller them.

Look, the point is that none of us can control what's going to happen but we've earned 11 points more than Luton in the first half of the season and should be in 11th place. So, I'm going to chill and, hopefully, see Everton finish comfortably safe. All the talking and panicking is not going to change a single thing. It might fill page after page on this thread but it's all very Kopitish.

Of course, all of these teams have nothing to play for so the mighty Luton will steamroller them.

Look, the point is that none of us can control what's going to happen but we've earned 11 points more than Luton in the first half of the season and should be in 11th place. So, I'm going to chill and, hopefully, see Everton finish comfortably safe. All the talking and panicking is not going to change a single thing. It might fill page after page on this thread but it's all very Kopitish.
That would be the sane thing to do and is my intention for a couple weeks. But people are understandably panicking because it’s all about form. A few weeks ago we were unbeatable. Luton, Burnley, Sheffield United, Forest couldn’t find a point, never mind a win. “Should have given us a 15 point deduction 🖕 woohoo Evertonnnnnn 🍺🍻.”

In no time at all the promoted teams have started either scrambling to the odd win, or at least making a really good battle against better teams, Forest have a new manager (which didn’t look a good fit at all) and have won two in a row. No surprise they won tonight. We firstly went back to the form of September; playing well and getting nothing, goals dried up, then finally succumbing to the worst performance of the season. Dom looks like he will never score again, and we have mystery injuries to 2 starting midfielders, an unfit Coleman and AWOL Young, and are having to start Gomes, which 4 weeks ago was laughable. Square pegs all over the shop.

But it just proves form does swing in the blink of an eye unless you are an elite consistent team, and it will do so again. Its just hard to see it after an absolutely embarrassing one sided mauling by a mediocre team.

Hate saying it, but I’m worried enough to not be that bothered about the cup match. Purely due to lack of squad depth.

It's the opposite of kopite behaviour. They would be in our position and still think they were going to win the league!

Status
Not open for further replies.