Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The uncertainty around the appeal and second charge does my head in.

Taking the worst case scenario backwards and we fail at appeal and take a second 10 point hit, so 20 for the season, then it’s Forest who might be actually the direct rival if they also get 10.

So could be three fighting it out of us, Forest, Sheff Utd and Burnley.

All i will ever say if the worst actually happened, is we went down due to a points deduction and not because of onfield stuff where it should always be decided. Teams go down for been bad and not winning. But i stick to we will stay up as we all know we will be clear, and near enough safe now

IMG_0981.jpeg

Wise words here…

Taking the worst case scenario backwards and we fail at appeal and take a second 10 point hit, so 20 for the season, then it’s Forest who might be actually the direct rival if they also get 10.

I would back us in that fight

Our whole winning run and the feel good factor went pop the minute Onana fluffed that penalty, on the face of it, it appears it just knocked the stuffing out of the whole club.... since that game 1 win in 10, 3 points from 18 in the Premier League with City up next. Following that the Palace is must win, with this form I have no idea where we are getting more than 2 wins in the next 8-10 games.....

Man City A
Crystal Palace H
Brighton A - Lightning will not strike twice
West Ham H
Man Utd A
Liverpool H
Bournemouth A
Newcastle A
Burnley H
Chelsea A

Looks like our whole season will be on 4 of the 5 last games of the season.....
I think you're being a tad negative in that prediction. If we can draw at home to Villa and Spurs then we can be positive about beating Palace, West Ham and Burnley at home. Also, I'm not sure you can write off the Bournemouth, Newcastle and Chelsea away games this season either.

Many people looked at our last three games and had us losing all three, and in the event we haven't lost any of them. Point being, we are no longer that Lampard/Benitez side where you KNEW the result before the game.

Have to hope Palace don’t sack him before our game but it would be typical of our luck. They bin him, hire someone, new manager bounce.

They interviewed Steve Cooper in summer 2021 but went for Vieira instead. Since then he's got Forest promoted and had over 50 games in the prem.

I'm staggered they didn't just ask Roy to step down over New year and make use of the light January schedule to get Cooper in unless he's informed them he wants a six month break and will be available in the summer.

Palace really are sleepwalking to relegation in the manner this club was in 21/22 so they need to do something.

Given the formula put forward by the PL at the IC, which was rejected but then came to the same value, they should be deducted 19 points. If it is £66m...

I thought it would be less if their mitigation is Johnsons sale, probably around the amount Johnson was initially offered by Brentford which they rejected because they could get more money for him.

AND all of that depends if that rule was made up for just Everton or just for the 1st club to breach. The way the PL works it would not surprise me if Everton kept a points deduction and face a second whilst Forest got a fine and suspended points deduction for a bigger breach for overspending on players which is what we are falsely accused of.......

After what happened in November I'm fairly confident Forest will get a significant points deduction.

However given they were only charged last month I'm fully expecting it to be imposed over the summer and for next season.

When the original club statement was made in response to -10 everyone just assumed it was Man. City when club referenced they'd be watching intently how other clubs were punished. Well it's clear it's Forest and they need to be dealt with appropriately given they've been largely taking the pee since coming up.

Even on the last day of the window they were still signing players they simply had no need for. Had Awoniyi and Wood as main CFs and someone like Elanga can play central and they still decided to sign Origi ffs who's made little impact. Nuno Tavares from Arsenal was another bizarre pick up and he's hardly played a game.

After what happened in November I'm fairly confident Forest will get a significant points deduction.

However given they were only charged last month I'm fully expecting it to be imposed over the summer and for next season.

When the original club statement was made in response to -10 everyone just assumed it was Man. City when club referenced they'd be watching intently how other clubs were punished. Well it's clear it's Forest and they need to be dealt with appropriately given they've been largely taking the pee since coming up.

Even on the last day of the window they were still signing players they simply had no need for. Had Awoniyi and Wood as main CFs and someone like Elanga can play central and they still decided to sign Origi ffs who's made little impact. Nuno Tavares from Arsenal was another bizarre pick up and he's hardly played a game.
Forest can’t be penalised next season. Thats the whole point of the new timetable, so that penalties are applied in the same season the charge is made. And also the reason why we could be the only club that will ever have 2 points deductions in the same season under these rules. If they did stick with these current rules, that could only ever happen to us, City and Chelsea as they still have historic charges pending.

Deduction of points in the middle of a season, possibly adding some back, then probably deducting more, then having a second appeal for the second deduction AFTER the season has finished is ludicrous, absolutely absurd.

The competition has no integrity.
It isn't a competition, it's a cartel.

Cant see it going to 20 still think it could just stick to 10 with both cases unless we can win the appeal get it down and hopefully pass the 2nd charge then. Just bs that as a fanbase for a 3 rd season we have to be worried about going doen even tho the team has performed on the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back