Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 points behind Luton and they have a game in hand and Sheff Utd at home next up, after we`ve played away to City we will be 6 points behind Luton and they will still have that game in hand.

Since we won the 4 Everton have absolutely crumbled, mentally weak.

This is the season lads, even if they give us 5 back we are massively massively in a dogfight and potentially in the relegation zone. We need all 10 back....
1 point. What's wrong with you?

The only game that truly alarmed me since the start of December was the Wolves match. That was a disaster. Before then we'd beaten Forest, Newcastle, Chelsea, and Burnley, lost narrowly at Spurs, and put up a fight against City. After that Wolves match, we have drawn with Villa, Fulham, and Spurs. The cup games are irrelevant to the league, so, all things considered, given the pressure on the squad from the cup games and inevitable injuries, we've done pretty well in a very difficult fixture series. Get City out of the way next week and we can start looking up again. Luton blew a three-point swing on us yesterday. We were a goal down in injury time and they were two up with 25 to play. That we both ended with draws is a huge fillip for us.

Game on.

agree here mate forget the city game its
the games after that

I wouldn't have expected Luton to get 19 points in a season much less by now. Surprised we haven't pulled away from them but, fair play to them, they are almost certainly the best of the 3 that came up somehow.

I think you're being a tad negative in that prediction. If we can draw at home to Villa and Spurs then we can be positive about beating Palace, West Ham and Burnley at home. Also, I'm not sure you can write off the Bournemouth, Newcastle and Chelsea away games this season either.

Many people looked at our last three games and had us losing all three, and in the event we haven't lost any of them. Point being, we are no longer that Lampard/Benitez side where you KNEW the result before the game.
Really like this comment. All the Dyche critics seem to have selective amnesia about the Benitez Lampard period. We weren’t just losing the odd game, we were going 10, 11, 12 games without a win. Under Lampard we would go 2/3 games without a shot on target.

No one is saying Dyche is Pep. But if you can’t see the difference between Dyche and the other two muppets then you are blind, stupid, stubborn or a s*** stirrer

When they beat Sheff Utd in the next game they will be 4 ahead with a game in hand... As long as Dyche can`t win games we are in trouble.... 1 win in 10, getting towards the run that saw Lampard sacked.
Not winning Cup games doesn't affect the League table. We've taken 3 point from 6 League games having played 4 games out of those 6 against Top 5 teams. Get a grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back