Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we will still have 18 games to do something about it.
As with all things Everton I'm more full of hope than expectation.
But this Luton thing, that can't go on for ever can it? Another game by virtue of beating us in the cup may come back and bite them in their arse.
Talk about fate being in our own hands at the season end, four home games out of seven, Burnley, Forest, Brentford, Sheffield Utd. With possibly the crunch away game at Luton amongst that lot suggests to me its very much about what we can do.

2 of which are against United and Villa.
Brighton 4:0, Newcastle got beaten 3:0, city won 2:1, but was 1:0 down. LFC drew in 95. Arsenal got a 97th min winner. Spurs won by 1 goal and Chelsea by one. They are not cannon fodder at home, pretty tough to beat. We need to get points against all teams around us. It can change quickly as we were like 6 or 7 points above the relegation zone a few weeks ago. Good we have played some of the top 5 by next week already.

They've taken 2 points more than us from their last 3 games.
I was talking about their form before the Newcastle result and for a period stretching back to the start of December. I'd also already pointed out Everton had took more points than Luton in that spell.

If you contrast their form over that period with their start to the season then it is quite extraordinary. I stand by the logic though that it is nothing to worry about over the long term given the fixtures the sides in and around the mire have had over the last 6 or 7 league games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back