Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the squad wasn't ready for the first 2. No striker to put away the chances.

Then we get a couple in with Beto maybe doing a job for us but his first game is against Arsenal who are 10 times better than us.

I blame the club for not getting us a striker to win the first 2 easy games.
Like last year as well, which you’ve referenced. The manager left to field Anthony Gordon has a main striker

Dyche is out of his depth, he got extremely lucky last year and now, after his full preseason with the team, we look worse, tepid and sticking with his awful tactics

How much were them 2 as they were excellent ?
They also have a kid called Archie Gray who will be top drawer
Think Ampadu was 7 million - dirt cheap really for what he offers.

Piroe around the 10 million mark.

Shameful that we couldn’t even be in the running for most players due to our need to put down minuscule down payments.

Watched luton at fulham. Scary thing is they actually looked ok creating chances. Just couldnt finish. You just know they are gona slot them at Goodison.

They're a poor team though. Would be like Southampton winning at Goodison last season and then losing their next 6-7 which pretty much relegated them.

Sheffield United however do have goal threat now in Archer and Gustavo Hamer. I actually think they'd have been o.k signings for this club. If they get Wilder back as rumoured you can see them getting a new manager bounce and given the standard in bottom 6 this season it won't take much to get 4-5 points clear of 18th.

Burnley are an oddity so far. Looked terrible off the ball and I'm really surprised Kompany hasn't played guys like Cork, Brownhill and Rodriguez more given their experienced at prem level. He seems instead to have just thrown all their summer signings into the team in one go. Ultimately though they have played three teams all who will finish in the top 7 so Forest is a better barometer of whether they're bottom 3 standard so will watch that with interest tonight.

What baffles me is how we stayed up last year, after watching Leeds and Leicester over the weekend they look far better teams than us.
Going into the season I felt things would be a bit easier this year as I thought the three teams coming up would probably go down but I forgot how crap we are.

Won the games that needed to at home. Leeds, Brentford and Bournemouth. Arsenal was a huge bonus win. The away form was actually o.k aswell, only one win but quite a few draws especially from losing positions at Chelsea, Leicester and Wolves.

Going 1-0 down this season however it feels game over.

We have probably deserved to go for the last couple of years. A good start one year and Leeds sticking with Jesse Marsch another year. Think we might survive this year again due to Luton Burnley sheff Utd wolves and Bournemouth. Just need to be above three of them. If we make it another year surely things have to change. Surely the 777 guys want to make money. its not going to happen if we get relegated. We are very very close and luck will run out some year unless things change from top to bottom at the club

Listening to Talks**te before the one thing that sticks in my mind is 'this is not the Everton I know' or something like that. Yes this isn't Everton, Everton that I knew as a kid, it isn't Everton that I think we should be. Okay we didn't lay a glove on Arsenal but a 1-0 loss to Arsenal can happen anytime.

The big picture is sadly this IS what we are now. Forget where we think we should be as a club. We're a bottom half of the bottom half of the table club. There is no leadership at the hierarchy of the club and they have in the last year shown their true colours. Their one motivation is to keep us in the PL to get us to BM.

Dyche appears to be no more than that, to battle relegation. That's why we are where we are. It's about the very basic survival and no more. It'll go to the wire again and we may just have enough to survive, again. That's the Everton of today.

Can see Burnley getting at least a draw at Forest tonight, which would knock us down to 19th on GD with them still having a game in hand on us.

Looking at the fixture list up to New Year's Day, I struggle to see us picking up any more than 15 points so not only are we going to have to 100% beat Luton, Bournemouth, Burnley (teams around us), we are going to have to find a few wins against the far better teams

What a fkin disastrous start to the season this has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back