Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We played well at times over this crap run but missed loads of chances and made some errors but now, Burnley, 3pm Saturday, whatever happens with a further deduction, there are no excuses.
This next game needs to be a commanding win to build confidence going into the other must get result matches coming up.

That’s the thing, not only the insane fact we haven’t won a game in 2024 but we are bracing ourselves for another deduction.

The home games are what makes me feel like we will just sneak it to stay up. I Know we havent won much at home, but i said it many months ago that from April. Thats usually when we wake up and go for it, for some weird reason - Hopefully that way we seem to go carries on

Last 2/3 seasons now we seem to have a terrible run from around October - March time

it’s us or luton we are getting 6
so we’re gone with that
Mate you’ve got to stop making stuff up and getting upset about it, you did it the last two years
Forest have been a lot worse than us this season but you’re writing us off finishing above them because they had one good result and Luton Burnley and Sheff U are the worst promoted teams the premier league has seen in many years

If it were not for the points deduction we'd have an 8 point advantage with 8 to play. We'd only need a couple of wins to be safe.

But no, squeaky bums and heart palpitations all round. Again. We should be able to sue Everton for shortening our lives.

After that gut punch against Bournemouth I didn’t think we’d get anything against Newcastle. Coming back into games away from home when behind is still a decent trait that sides who are completely finished don’t have.
We did that Everton thing. We should have gotten beat tonight and gotten our point against Bournemouth but we did it the other way around because we're weird like that.

If it were not for the points deduction we'd have an 8 point advantage with 8 to play. We'd only need a couple of wins to be safe.

But no, squeaky bums and heart palpitations all round. Again. We should be able to sue Everton for shortening our lives.
It would actually be a 10 point gap, and despite no wins for an age, like you say we would be pretty much ok

Crap forgot it was 6 for a minute. That just rattles even more. Practically home and hosed and tbh Luton would have probably given up a long time ago without that extra hope that has been handed to them.
Exactly, the only Hope Luton have is us getting more deductions, we would have ended them by now, and it would have been Luton verse whoever else to stay up - they've had enough chances with us not winning for months, plus the deduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back