Relegation 23/24 Thread

We are kin dire all over. The loss of nine points is like starting this season with just 35 games when all others have 38...THAT team that survived last season by the odd point!

Hardly cut adrift now are we?

Screenshot_20230826_193854_Chrome.jpg

We also lost the exact same fixtures last season and still survived.

Hardly cut adrift now are we?

View attachment 224579

We also lost the exact same fixtures last season and still survived.
We've played Wolves and Fulham at home mate...and we collapsed when we conceded.

This is as dire a warning as it gets that this season will be the calamity we missed in seasons 2021/22 and 2022/23.

Maybe some people believe Beto signing will sort this out. It wont. We are dangerously woeful in players who can stand up and be counted. We'll need to score 2 in a game to get a result...and I dont see a lot of that happening.

There's still loads of absolute dog dirt in this league like Luton, Forest, Bournemouth, Sheff United, Burnley who will all be down the bottom come April/May .

Last day escape on the cards again.

We've played Wolves and Fulham at home mate...and we collapsed when we conceded.

This is as dire a warning as it gets that this season will be the calamity we missed in seasons 2021/22 and 2022/23.

Maybe some people believe Beto signing will sort this out. It wont. We are dangerously woeful in players who can stand up and be counted. We'll need to score 2 in a game to get a result...and I dont see a lot of that happening.

Exactly the same as last season. Look I'm as sick as it as the next person but people as always go way over the top too soon.

It's not just Beto is it. This team will have McNeil, Harrison, with Dom to come back. We'll forget about Iwobi for a min, Chermiti will get better and look a decent option on the bench and possibly Dele for at least for 7 games to take over from Doucoure. With those players suddenly our bench looks better, most are better finishers than what is currently in the side.

Fulham were a decent mid table team last season, arguably better than us. Disappointing loss but hardly out of the blue. Villa have been performing great under Emery. Didn’t expect anything out of that game. Wolves we should have beat. Clock it as an Everton That result. If we don’t turn Sheff Utd over though then we are goosed.

The worry is if we get a points deduction in October. That will likely be curtains.

If we don't, then I think we still have a chance.

Luton and Sheff Utd are bottom two. It's one of six or seven for the final one. Of which we are obviously one.

I do worry where I see us picking up 12 wins from.

Not sure I can see any positivity if we'd lost two away then fair enough.
Losing two home games against arguably bottom half teams is extremely poor and damaging and our away form as we all know over the past two seasons is ridiculous.
Prove me wrong Everton please prove me wrong.