Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly the same as last season. Look I'm as sick as it as the next person but people as always go way over the top too soon.

It's not just Beto is it. This team will have McNeil, Harrison, with Dom to come back. We'll forget about Iwobi for a min, Chermiti will get better and look a decent option on the bench and possibly Dele for at least for 7 games to take over from Doucoure. With those players suddenly our bench looks better, most are better finishers than what is currently in the side.
I think you'll find Ilm one of those who have not done that. Last two seasons when all were setting their hair on fore I backed us to stay up.

This time feels different...very different.

We'll go 6 games and 6 losses, and it'll be almost impossible to come back from.

Unless we find something pretty spectatular in the next 3 fixtures agains Sheff Utd away, Arseanl home and Brentford away then we'll be cut adrift and wont be coming back from that.

Anyone saying any different are sleepwalking into the Championship. In fact, this is a sub-Championship team in many respects.

I can't see us winning any games with the current team
I know we have McNeil Harrison to come in and maybe DCL for a few games but the squad is just not good enough
It's not mate. Even with Beto in it's not.

We need 3/4 very good players in here by Thursday or we'll take the drop.

We just cant dig in. We managed to do that for the most part under Dyche last season when he took over.

The last 3 games tells me he's lost control of these players.
I think with Dyche the tactics seem to begin and end with nicking a goal and winning 1 0. Problem is we can't keep the opposition out.

It's not really Dyches fault all of this, the squad is years of bad purchases, high wages and lack of strategy. We also can't really afford to sack him so we are where we are.

The ugly truth is our trajectory does not look good.

I think with Dyche the tactics seem to begin and end with nicking a goal and winning 1 0. Problem is we can't keep the opposition out.

It's not really Dyches fault all of this, the squad is years of bad purchases, high wages and lack of strategy. We also can't really afford to sack him so we are where we are.

The ugly truth is our trajectory does not look good.
Not even Dyche can patch this up.

They look a defeated outfit to me. The stink of defeat is all over them.

A disastrous start with zero points and goals underlines the scale of the crisis. If we'd played Arsenal, Liverpool and City then you say "ok, they were always going to be difficult". But we've just played Fulham, Villa and Wolves.

This team as it stands (and I'll throw in Beto) gets maybe 30 points.

The only thing that will shift my estimate there is if we go out and buy 3/4 players of decent enough quality by Thursday. Anything less and we can forget it.

Desperately watching for Sheffield United, Luton and Burnley's results...in August.

This club are a 'kin menace to its own fans.

It'd be a mercy for me if the game's authorities said tomorrow: we'll just end Everton for 5 years and then place them back in the PL in 2028.

I'd take that like a shot.

5 years of peace.
Burnley is a better side.

Not even Dyche can patch this up.

They look a defeated outfit to me. The stink of defeat is all over them.

A disastrous start with zero points and goals underlines the scale of the crisis. If we'd played Arsenal, Liverpool and City then you say "ok, they were always going to be difficult". But we've just played Fulham, Villa and Wolves.

This team as it stands (and I'll throw in Beto) gets maybe 30 points.

The only thing that will shift my estimate thewre is if we go out and buy 3/4 players of decdent enough quality by Thursday. Anything less and we can forget it.
But we aren't buying any one . You told us this as a definite

Pr
I think you'll find Ilm one of those who have not done that. Last two seasons when all were setting their hair on fore I backed us to stay up.

This time feels different...very different.

We'll go 6 games and 6 losses, and it'll be almost impossible to come back from.

Unless we find something pretty spectatular in the next 3 fixtures agains Sheff Utd away, Arseanl home and Brentford away then we'll be cut adrift and wont be coming back from that.

Anyone saying any different are sleepwalking into the Championship. In fact, this is a sub-Championship team in many respects.
the big thing in our favour is that Luton and Sheffield United are almost certainly going down so just need to finish ahead of one more team. At the moment it feels like we could be that 3rd team

Pr

the big thing in our favour is that Luton and Sheffield United are almost certainly going down so just need to finish ahead of one more team. At the moment it feels like we could be that 3rd team

Those teams have fight. They proved that by getting promotion. We dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back