Relegation 23/24 Thread

Since he’s been appointed, both Palace and us have gained the same number of points…
Pre our latest deduction a palace fan I know was convinced they weren’t out of it , that their perception was that manager had got the rub of the green in a couple of games with decisions and over all was far from impressive. That said the lad thought they could go last year so maybe he’s just a bit of a glass half full bloke .

Pre our latest deduction a palace fan I know was convinced they weren’t out of it , that their perception was that manager had got the rub of the green in a couple of games with decisions and over all was far from impressive. That said the lad thought they could go last year so maybe he’s just a bit of a glass half full bloke .

Yeah the new fella certainly hasn’t exactly kicked on after taking over from Woy, but I don’t think anyone has really noticed because the bottom 3 are crap and haven’t been able to catch up and the fun surrounding ourselves and Forest.

How’s the new manager shaping up mate?

What you think?
Played Burnley, Luton, Bmouth and Forest among those and got 5/12 points in these games. Not really good, but a lot of injuries.

Will see what they do, they have a pretty hard rest of fixtures with Wolves and Fulham being the lowest in the current table.

What's the super computer saying !
tRFF1712724096.jpg

He’s finding his way but doing all the right things. Guehi, Doucoure, Johnstone all still out & Olise not starting yet so tough. There is definitely a plan and a style of play so; glass half full.
I suppose for Palace it's all about keeping your heads above water until Selhurst Park is redeveloped.

It's the same with us with regards to the Bramley Moore Dock. I remember when you were facing serious financial problems back in 2010.

So in that context being in the top flight for over a decade ain't bad going at all.

I suppose for Palace it's all about keeping your heads above water until Selhurst Park is redeveloped.

It's the same with us with regards to the Bramley Moore Dock. I remember when you were facing serious financial problems back in 2010.

So in that context being in the top flight for over a decade ain't bad going at all.
Yes, I don’t know any Palace fan that expected us to survive 11 months let alone 11 seasons. We bump along, always on the verge of turning the corner. Tbh, redeveloping the Main Stand will only allow us to stand still instead of falling away financially. Enjoying it (kind of) while we can.

We need to beat 3 of the below. Bold in particular and Brentford would be a bonus! We cant let any of the teams below us take points off us.

Forest
Sheffield Utd

Brentford
Luton

We win the above then we stay up.

Obviously this weekend we'll see Luton get battered and (hopefully) their GD take a massive hit.

But Forest could be interesting.

I still think on the balance of things Forest stay up. They have a CF bang in form and I think Nuno is a good coach.

A couple of ifs though:...if they run into a Wolves team still smarting from last weekend's 'miscarriage of justice' and they get turned over at home, and if they then come to us next week and we put them away, they are in a world of trouble with City and Chelsea to come (Chelsea are still difficult) and two away games against Sheff Utd and Burnley...clubs that have no pressure on them and will play freely and look to use their last PL games in front of their own fans to build morale for the Championship.

Hopefully they get beat against Wolves and they're on a slippery slope coming to us and feeling desperate.

Obviously this weekend we'll see Luton get battered and (hopefully) their GD take a massive hit.

But Forest could be interesting.

I still think on the balance of things Forest stay up. They have a CF bang in form and I think Nuno is a good coach.

A couple of ifs though:...if they run into a Wolves team still smarting from last weekend's 'miscarriage of justice' and they get turned over at home, and if they then come to us next week and we put them away, they are in a world of trouble with City and Chelsea to come (Chelsea are still difficult) and two away games against Sheff Utd and Burnley...clubs that have no pressure on them and will play freely and look to use their last PL games to build morale for the Championship.

Hopefully they get beat against Wolves and they're on a slippery slope coming to us and feeling desperate.

Yeah I've got Forest down to win this weekend too but like you said, if Wolves (which they're more than capable of) turn up and give them a proper game, Forest will be in a whole world of pain