Relegation 23/24 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually looking at it i wouldn't fancy Palaces fixtures at all, they prob only need to scrape 4-5 points mind.

Yeah their remaining fixture list isn't great. They're probably just about far away enough from the bottom 4 to be in any real trouble of relegation, but we could certainly catch them given our superior GD.

The games versus Chelsea, Vermin and Arsenal are "free hits", expected defeats for me, if we get something out of them, then superb.

But the other 4 games are what will make or break this whole thing.

Luton away is a tough game, will be a real battle there, but the 3 "easier" home games we need to be getting the 9 points we need and there can be no excuses.
Yeah, though Id even go so far to say if we get 2 wins and one of those is against either Forest or Luton we will be safe. I dont think they are capable of getting 9 points from their other 5 fixtures.

Yeah, though Id even go so far to say if we get 2 wins and one of those is against either Forest or Luton we will be safe. I dont think they are capable of getting 9 points from their other 5 fixtures.

Especially as they both have City coming down the pike.

Just to be the conrarion here. The remainder of our games are all about our defense. If we draw every game 0-0 I would be ok. Lets face it our attack is not suddenly going to become rampant overnight, so the goal must be to keep the defence tight with clean sheets in every game. No silly mistakes.
Who knows maybe we will fluke 1 or 2 wins like Saturday.

Chelsea are very inconsistent at the moment, if we catch them at the right time could see us winning that

Would make all the difference in how we then approached the remaining 6 matches. But regardless, it's still all in our own hands

I get that there's worries about the squad and how much can be reinvested but we've earned enough points to be currently 10 points clear of relegation, and one behind what we earned last season, regardless of the recent run
I'm not talking about that i'm talking about more potential points deductions next year and having no money to buy players and the teams coming up being better than the ones going down. Its hard to see how we can keep pulling something out of the bag in these circumstances year after year.

The games versus Chelsea, Vermin and Arsenal are "free hits", expected defeats for me, if we get something out of them, then superb.

But the other 4 games are what will make or break this whole thing.

Luton away is a tough game, will be a real battle there, but the 3 "easier" home games we need to be getting the 9 points we need and there can be no excuses.
What total gets us safe for you?

Me: 36 points should do it. We have superior GD to the others about us and that makes it effectively 37 if Forest or Luton want to come past us. Forest might be on for more than 37 but Luton are going to struggle, IMO.

As you say: Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea are free hits, but we cant afford to concede a lot and run down our GD advantage.

IMO, likely points left for each club from Palace down to Luton...

Palace - 8
Brentford - 9
Everton - 8
Forest - 9
Luton - 7

I think we can actually afford to win 2 and scramble a draw to survive.

If we get one 'spectacular' as we have done in the run in over the past few seasons then we coast home. Chelsea away would be the perfect time to do it.

What total gets us safe for you?

Me: 36 points should do it. We have superior GD to the others about us and that makes it effectively 37 if Forest or Luton want to come past us. Forest might be on for more than 37 but Luton are going to struggle, IMO.

As you say: Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea are free hits, but we cant afford to concede a lot and run down our GD advantage.
32/33 will be enough. Luton have 25 with city away next . If they get 7/8 more from 5 games they will be doing very well.

IMO, likely points left for each club from Palace down to Luton...

Palace - 8
Brentford - 9
Everton - 8
Forest - 9
Luton - 7

I think we can actually afford to win 2 and scramble a draw to survive.

If we get one 'spectacular' as we have done in the run in over the past few seasons then we coast home. Chelsea away would be the perfect time to do it.
It depends what games the points come from if we beat Luton and Forest that is likely to be enough on its own but if we lose to Luton we probably need more than 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.