Relegation 23/24 Thread

Fancy wolves and city to win this weekend. We obviously have to hope nothing goes wrong totally this weekend in all games from our P.O.V. though. Otherwise that Luton match could turn into what Sky have attempted it to be, by putting it live on the Friday night.

Shafting the travelling fans over aside, that's another incentive for us imo. They've desperately tried to whip up an all or nothing Friday night under the lights relegation slugfest (and ultimately help Lutons chances), be great for it to be near enough done and dusted by then and it be a relatively meaningless game for us.

And us to win 1-0 in an utterly mundane game.

Forest won’t get another point, they’ve imploded, this ranting is equivalent to Keegans meltdown. They’re there for the taking if Luton fancy it

I agree.

A defeat against Wolves will take the pressure right off us going to their place. I cant see them picking up another 6 points this season. We're all but safe right now IMO.
I'd like another 6, but more realistically 4pts this week. Cos that would be a long awaited happy week...🙃

( Not gonna get my hopes up tho !!

It's the wrong team to be calling out decisions against given the unholy shafting we've got on and off the pitch, but honestly, I like it.

He's actually right about top teams getting those calls. We've been on the end of that umpteen times.

Let's not rewrite history, we were unbelievably lucky not to have had one given against us today. Its just we are the very last team in the league who you should be looking for sympathy from.
I'm sure that we all agree on that but I can't remember the snake moaning about it when he played for the RS.

I don't agree. A draw gives them a realistic shot at overtaking either team. Maths says two teams getting one point is better than one team getting three points - there's one less point given out.

And with them still to play us it was actually only a Forest win that kept Luton's destiny in their own hands- if we'd lost today Luton would've guaranteed survival with 4 wins as that would take them past us.

You can put forward an argument for any of the three results, but it's certainly not so clear that a ref would risk his entire career to engineer one of those results for the team he supports.
Not sure you've done the numbers correctly there. We would be on 27 from 33 had we lost. Even losing to Luton we could have reached 39. Luton can only get to 37.

It amuses me how some fans of other clubs genuinely think the Premier League are favouring Everton with their decisions.

Do they watch football?

Have they seen the horrific decisions against Everton over the past three seasons?

Do they realise Everton have had 8 points subtracted from their points tally in one season whilst there's another team seemingly selling hotels to themselves to help comply with FFP?

Where do Everton sit in net transfer spend over the past 5 years with other clubs in the Premier League?

What does Stan Collymore think of the three penalty claims against one of his former teams?

Behave yourself.

Last edited:
I’m focusing more on finishing above Forest than Luton to be honest and am surprised more people aren’t. Like I said I can’t see Forest picking up more than 4 points with the fixtures they have left. I’m looking at it like a win vs Sheff Utd keeps us up even if we lose every other game.
I would love nothing more than to send Forest down. The dream is Burnley pulling off a great escape and sending the Friar Tuck whoppers and Luton down.

They've won two away in 17 games so it's unlikely.
seems unlikely or does it

if you are going to have 2 away games to survive then it can't get better than the two worst teams in the league to play away from home

sheffield united and burnley both have the worst home record in the league with only two wins in 17 games

so again unlikely that sheffield united or burnley will win as well