Relegation 23/24 Thread

Same all season, like so many say we have lost the Derby before its even began, when we hardly lose at home v them over the last 11 years. Anyone can twist anything whichever way is best, or suits whoever says it lol people had us going down if we lost v Forest, while some said we were safe now -we are not safe till we are safe
1 week Chelsea roll over Everton, the next week they get rolled by Arsenal.

Football is a funny old game.

Got us finishing on 34pts as worst case. Beat Sheffield United and draw vs Brentford.

Luton beat us and Fulham, draw vs West Ham, lose vs Wolves. Finishing on 32pts.

Looks difficult for Luton, relying on us to get no wins from any of our remaining games and for them to not lose any of theirs.

Got us finishing on 34pts as worst case. Beat Sheffield United and draw vs Brentford.

Looks difficult for Luton, relying on us to get no wins from any of our remaining games and for them to not lose any of theirs.
Just one game at a time for me but this week is massive for all teams around us could really get us out of it and leave the rest.

Considering they've won 6 of 34 and averaged around 0.75 PPG up to this point, them winning 2 in 4 and upping their PPG to 1.75 seems like one hell of an ask for them.

Not saying it can't happen, but it doesn't seem likely.

Just desperate to put this season behind us now. This has been the worst of the three years we've been down here.
Agreed. It's just been a joyless season from beginning to end. A poor start, then the first points deduction, then a brief period of hope, then the never ending winless run, then the second points deduction, all with the spectre of 777 and administration in the background. Talk about a grind!

3 televised games this week will stick a few quid in the coffers... 5 clear of Luton, I think a draw tonight will be enough, better if we see any points back on appeal. FWIW I think we lose tonight, they are absolute levels above us, in previous years you could "put yourself about" to disrupt the better team but you can barely make a challenge these days which plays right in to their hands.

Forest probably got a couple of wins seeing as they are playing the bottom 2 and will probably get a few favours.

Agreed. It's just been a joyless season from beginning to end. A poor start, then the first points deduction, then a brief period of hope, then the never ending winless run, then the second points deduction, all with the spectre of 777 and administration in the background. Talk about a grind!
Worst season I can remember for some years/decades, yet next season may well be exactly the same.

We got the 2nd part of the 2nd IC plus will the ownership issue be resolved? Chances are that it probably won`t be, then have we breached in YE June 2024?

For me the ownership issue is the biggest factor, needs to be resolved, not 777.

3 televised games this week will stick a few quid in the coffers... 5 clear of Luton, I think a draw tonight will be enough, better if we see any points back on appeal. FWIW I think we lose tonight, they are absolute levels above us, in previous years you could "put yourself about" to disrupt the better team but you can barely make a challenge these days which plays right in to their hands.

Forest probably got a couple of wins seeing as they are playing the bottom 2 and will probably get a few favours.
I think Burnley will be very tough for forest. Less so Sheffield utd

Only won 2 out of 17 aways all this season and only 1 all of last season. They're shocking away from home.

I really do think we beat Luton away

Bizarre segment on Toffee TV recently where he interrogates Ped about his credit card usage and then shouts the word, ‘SUBOPTIMAL’ over and over in a weird array of voices.

Quite a peculiar man.

Loves himself

It’s a shame really. Even though they have a substantial sub number already, if they weren’t up their own arse they probably would be doing even better. Lot of potential there.

Last edited: