Relegation thread 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
If DCL can’t lace up his boots any more I’d rather watch Dobbin or Cannon. Maupay can’t play a lone striker role in fact he just can’t Play
If we can't play DCL or a new attacking option then we should give Dobbin and Cannon a chance. I really am struggling to remember anyone as inept ip front as Maupay from all my time following Everton.

Latest Relegation odds look Grim, we were 4/1 a few weeks ago ........

Screenshot_2023-08-12-20-32-10-623_com.android.chrome-edit.webp

Play like we did today and we'll be fine.

Lets have it right Fulham got absolutely lucky - DCL/Beto/Ekitite up top or even McNeil + Danjuma in the side and we put them to the sword today.

Lets not forget that corrupt ref chalked off a perfectly good gol.

Should be an instant ban for anyone starting a thread like this before at least 10-15 games in.
The team we put out there today will be in a relegation fight over 38 games. I would wait until the end of the window to start the thread myself, but if there is no significant strengthening of the squad in attacking areas, then it's delusional to think we will score the goals you need to get to midtable.

Yes we played well in certain areas of the game and should never have lost. But it's all for nothing if your striker is out of his depth at this level, and our forwards don't even look like they believe they can score when the ball falls to them in front of goal. Our final pass and finish today was not top flight standard. We have 19 days to fix that, but the league has already started and we don't get these points back. Another bad start is the last thing we need and it was very avoidable with some basic recruitment in attack.

Fail to Prepare
Prepare to Fail.

Probably should become our new motto.

Play like we did today and we'll be fine.

Lets have it right Fulham got absolutely lucky - DCL/Beto/Ekitite up top or even McNeil + Danjuma in the side and we put them to the sword today.

Lets not forget that corrupt ref chalked off a perfectly good gol.
What? Nil points from a week Fulham at home? Yeah keep playing well and we'll get some bonus/merit points?

Ya soft shlte

What? Nil points from a week Fulham at home? Yeah keep playing well and we'll get some bonus/merit points?

Ya soft shlte

Days like today happen unfortunately was just one of those.

Fulham did absolutely nothing and hit us with a sucker punch after we missed 3-4 sitters, rattled the crossbar & had a good finish chalked off incorrectly.

A bad day at the office, key players injured/missing & our summer business not yet finished.

We go again.

Fulham did absolutely nothing and hit us with a sucker punch after we missed 3-4 sitters, rattled the crossbar & had a good finish chalked off incorrectly.

A bad day at the office, key players injured/missing & our summer business not yet finished.

We go again.
No mate. Heard that all of last season. Probably the season before too. It's sackable behaviour that we're not ready for the opening game.

I didn't see the game but I got the impression we battered Fulham but just couldn't put any of the many chances away. If that's the case surely we just need a couple of decent strikers?

We go again.

I agree with you completely. We deserved to win but at the same time we deserved to lose because we couldn't put the ball in the net. I think they should have a psychologist work with Maupay because when he played for Brighton he would have scored. His form for us is atrocious and he's clearly lacking confidence massively because as much has he isn't good enough for us, he's better than what he's been showing in a blue shirt, his previous club form proves that.

No mate. Heard that all of last season. Probably the season before too. It's sackable behaviour that we're not ready for the opening game.

Difference was mate we were garbage last season and barely could make an attempt at goal.

Today if we were as clinical as we were away at Brighton we would have pasted Fulham.

Sometimes you have games where everything goes against you and today was one of them.

I still think had that ref done his job correctly we go on to win that game comfortably as we got caught out over commiting searching for the win.

Should be an instant ban for anyone starting a thread like this before at least 10-15 games in.
This time last season I'd have stated the same thing, but 2 seasons worth of this club not giving a flying one about its own PL status suggests to me that a relegation thread is easily warranted.

We continue to be a basket case and I'd have us as one of about 5 clubs in an end of season dog fight to survive.

Difference was mate we were garbage last season and barely could make an attempt at goal.

Today if we were as clinical as we were away at Brighton we would have pasted Fulham.

Sometimes you have games where everything goes against you and today was one of them.

I still think had that ref done his job correctly we go on to win that game comfortably as we got caught out over commiting searching for the win.
We've got to win these games mate. It should be one of the easiest of the season. Don't care about tough luck, we've got probably 30 odd tougher games to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back