Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely - three games in a row we've been on the end of rough decisions - Leeds especially was a joke. Should have put 'bad refeering decisions' as one of my third reasons to be pessimistic that we will beat Burnley - although a reason to be optimistic is if things really 'even out', we're due a bit of luck!
we're due a bit of luck!
Well we ain't getting it tomorrow.

When the dust settles on our relegation, there are a number of short and long term factors that led to this point.

In short, it has finally caught up with us. Disgraceful really to be in this position.
but we’re not in this position yet?

I agree it’s awful mismanagement that’s put us in a position where we need points to ensure we don’t go down with only 7 games to go when we should be challenging for Europe with the money invested but why are we waiting for ‘dust to settle on our relegation’ which we have in our own hands to prevent?

Not nervous at all about ours it's pointless in more ways than one , I'm worried about which Wolves show up .
Yeah it’s a strange feeling but I’m definitely more concerned about the result of Burnley Wolves than the derby. If Wolves can get a win I’ll sit through the derby pretty numb just grateful we’re still a point up with a game in hand after the inevitable.

It could take years to come back. We won’t have a squad capable of challenging in the Championship next season. We could be like Leeds or even Sheffield Wednesday.

The squad will have to be deconstructed, but it won’t be planned. Richy, Gordon, DCL and Pickford will probably leave.

We’ll be left with the unshiftable ones.
Gordon will not leave...the other 3 I can see going and we probably get 100 millions+ for the 3 players...with parachute payment we could be spending a little bit in clever championship signings with a good manager and some of our youngsters such as Simms, broadhead, etc...we'll be fine. But let's cross that bridge if we need to...at the moment we still have a chance of survival

if burnley win tomorrow it’s all over

download (1).webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back