Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
His choices of managers have been shocking, his spending horrific, but I will give him credit for 1 thing, he sacked every single manager at the correct time.

Bar maybe the fat kopite who should have been sacked after an hour.

They had all proven they deserved the sack, but only Martinez was given 3 years to show what an utter fraud he really was.
I disagree. It was early in the season he sacked Koeman. I supported that at the time, but in retropsect it shouldn't have happened; also Silva.

Fans can scream for heads to roll, but it's up to owners and chairmen to keep their heads and allow a poor season to roll out before acting. His activating of the Allardyce option so early in the season just underlines how clueless he is.

7 manager in 6 seasons - this is on him.

No. We need to get 9 or 10 more .. but obviously everyone they drop helps
Well mathematically we don't. If they get ten points from here until the end of the season and we got ten points, we'd be above them at the end.

If they got no points from now until the end of the season, we would be above them. That doesn't factor in Watford and Norwich, but you catch my drift.

Now I'm not advocating just trying to match them because the more points we get the easier it'll be, but the point is that we're currently at an advantage.

It's in our hands, not theirs. A bit like the RS and City: our neighbours could win every game from now until the end 10-0, but City just need to match the points.

It could take years to come back. We won’t have a squad capable of challenging in the Championship next season. We could be like Leeds or even Sheffield Wednesday.

The squad will have to be deconstructed, but it won’t be planned. Richy, Gordon, DCL and Pickford will probably leave.

We’ll be left with the unshiftable ones.

I disagree. It was early in the season he sacked Koeman. I supported that at the time, but in retropsect it shouldn't have happened; also Silva.

Fans can scream for heads to roll, but it's up to owners and chairmen to keep their heads and allow a poor season to roll out before acting. His activating of the Allardyce option so early in the season just underlines how clueless he is.

7 manager in 6 seasons - this is on him.
I'm sure at one point a while ago we fielded a side with player's Bought by 5 managers, and we wonder why we don't have a fluid starting 11

Well mathematically we don't. If they get ten points from here until the end of the season and we got ten points, we'd be above them at the end.

If they got no points from now until the end of the season, we would be above them. That doesn't factor in Watford and Norwich, but you catch my drift.

Now I'm not advocating just trying to match them because the more points we get the easier it'll be, but the point is that we're currently at an advantage.

It's in our hands, not theirs. A bit like the RS and City: our neighbours could win every game from now until the end 10-0, but City just need to match the points.
My point was we will hardly match their result tomorrow. Them not winning is big for us

Probably would be handy if Arsenal secure 4th before the final day of the season, otherwise they will wallop us
They may do if they have champs league all done and dusted or not, Arsenal will want to give fans a nice win to send them home happy for the summer, for me and a lot we somehow if even possible need to be safe before that last day

It's not looking good. Given the remaining fixtures I think Burnley are likely to pick up more points than us. I think they could get at least 9 and can't see us getting that many.

Having said that, it wasn't long ago that I was predicting 32 points for safety so what do I know.

Our game tomorrow is a write off. We just need Wolves to do is a huge favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back