Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Current bottom two look truly sunk based on current scorelines.

It’s on us to finish ahead of Burnley now. With a game in hand, it’s in our hands.
they're pretty much done...

I actually wished Watford got a result out of this man city game because then they'd actually have a go against Burnley in the game after.

Hopefully when they play us they'll be mathematically gone.

I actually wished Watford got a result out of this man city game because then they'd actually have a go against Burnley in the game after.

Alternately, the Burnley game now has even more importance because they will need to win to stay within reach of them and ourselves?

Yes, but even if they are consigned to relegation they will love to bring us down with them. Every game we now play is a Cup Final. And the same goes for next season if...and I hate to say it...we get relegated. We just do not have players with the heart to withstand that sort of pressure.

A draw for Burnley. I'd take that right now.

A defeat would hand them a massive headache concerning the manager's job.

Leicester full of energy still despite this being their 100th game in last two weeks or whatever.

Was a pretty 0-0 game but they were bringing likes of Vardy and Barnes on at the end so expect a strong bench when going there.

Truly unbelievable what's happened at Newcastle. Our defeat there was a result that confirmed to even the most ardent, head in sand Everton fan that we were in a serious relegation battle and that they were right on our tail.

They're now in the top half, and we have won less than a handful of league games since then.

Still think it'll go to last day, if we & Burnley get a couple wins and Leeds, Villa & Palace have a bad run then it will be on the last day a 5 horse race to avoid relegation, could even be on goal difference because looking at last day, I don't see a win for any of us

• Arsenal v Everton
  • Brentford v Leeds United
  • Brighton & Hove Albion v West Ham United
  • Burnley v Newcastle United
  • Chelsea v Watford
  • Crystal Palace v Manchester United
  • Leicester City v Southampton
  • Liverpool v Wolverhampton Wanderers
  • Manchester City v Aston Villa
  • Norwich City v Tottenham Hotspur

Still think it'll go to last day, if we & Burnley get a couple wins and Leeds, Villa & Palace have a bad run then it will be on the last day a 5 horse race to avoid relegation, could even be on goal difference because looking at last day, I don't see a win for any of us

• Arsenal v Everton
  • Chelsea v Watford

We'll be safe on May 16th

Truly unbelievable what's happened at Newcastle. Our defeat there was a result that confirmed to even the most ardent, head in sand Everton fan that we were in a serious relegation battle and that they were right on our tail.

They're now in the top half, and we have won less than a handful of league games since then.

In the context was a brilliant win v them especially with 10 men at the end (and not like they threatened that much all game).

Perhaps that's still the game that keeps this rabble up as situation would be very bleak with two fewer points on the board.

• Arsenal v Everton
  • Chelsea v Watford

Palace-Leeds is on Monday so unrealistic both will be in serious danger e.g. one picks up the three points from that and they'll be pretty much safe. Really could do with a Palace win tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back