Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking back at the first page of this thread back in October last year. Has the potential to make you laugh and cry in equal measures.
The best thing about the thread is the OP still has a picture of Benitez with his thumb up so whenever you see the relegation thread it has his picture showing you why such a thread exists.

@Shibbywiggles is that Laura Palmer ?

TautBriefIrishdraughthorse-size_restricted.gif

I think danger is losing next two which isn't some ridiculous prospect and Burnley win their next two.

Table would then be this:

Played 34 Burnley 34 points
Played 33 Everton 29 points

GD wouldn't be far off extra point for Burnley either.

If that dosen't consitute panic stations then I don't know what would!

I don't think it will get as bad as that personally but that's the danger. Would need a two game positive swing with just 5 left.
If that happened we would be down mate. We wouldn’t make that gap up.

I think danger is losing next two which isn't some ridiculous prospect and Burnley win their next two.

Table would then be this:

Played 34 Burnley 34 points
Played 33 Everton 29 points

GD wouldn't be far off extra point for Burnley either.

If that dosen't consitute panic stations then I don't know what would!

I don't think it will get as bad as that personally but that's the danger. Would need a two game positive swing with just 5 left.

As you say, not especially unlikely this either. Odds are against us IMO.

This thread could be busy tomorrow. That said people who think we are down with one point ahead of Burnley are jumping the gun slightly but we are in the mire and my nerves are going too especially with Burnley turning the corner. The key games will be our three home games and that Watford and Leicester games away, for me. We need results in these desperately given Burnley's fixtures.

I have had a sinking feeling for months about this team and it's mainly down to the players and the imbalances in the squad, this team needs to pull out an away result to give me hope. We need to fight to the end but it feels like all the ingredients are there for us to go down this season, injuries, bad luck, bad recruitment, suspensions at inopportune times (Keane before Burnley the one game you need him for),insanely divisive appointment at the start of the season, lack of funds to spend in the summer, dispensing with our creativity in Digne and James and VAR punishing us. Please prove me wrong Everton players please stand up!!

Alternately, the Burnley game now has even more importance because they will need to win to stay within reach of them and ourselves?

They're 7 points back and Everton have 2 games in hand. There's five games to go. Sure lets say we lose to Liverpool and Chelsea. We're still 7 points ahead.

I would be shocked if Everton and Burnley go down and Watford stay up. That would be an all time escape. If we win 1 game that would put us on 32 points, then Watford would need 11 points or 4 wins of the last 5.

Good set of results for us today. The ideal tomorrow is if we somehow pick up at least a point and Burnley lose. God I'm pathetically optimistic.

If Wolves are professional about it and played like they play us, they'll beat Burnley. They were very solid at the back and didn't give us anything. Burnley could be stretched to do something silly chasing a win. Fingers crossed.

Getting a result at Liverpool is the hard part. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back