Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just going to assume the worst for tomorrow… loss for us / an injury or suspension for us / Burnley win …

Season starts Monday

I'm already thinking about what our team will be next season in the championship. I think if we can even keep 2 thirds of them then we will easily bounce straight back up.

Sell Richarlison, dcl, pickford, mina to fund the deficit of getting relegated. Sign a good up and coming striker with potential to lead the line and I think we could take that division by storm and build for the future.

I'm already thinking about what our team will be next season in the championship. I think if we can even keep 2 thirds of them then we will easily bounce straight back up.

Sell Richarlison, dcl, pickford, mina to fund the deficit of getting relegated. Sign a good up and coming striker with potential to lead the line and I think we could take that division by storm and build for the future.

If you want to keep 2/3’s of this squad with the other third being the sales of our best players… good God I don’t even want to think what division we’d end up in.

We are Leeds, it's written all over us. We've over spent on disinterested mercenaries and the turkeys are coming home to roost now. Relegation will be an absolute disaster financially, all our best players will be snapped up at bargain basement prices and we will be left trying to manage the wages of the garbage that will be even more disinterested in the Championship.

We will be waiting for those contracts to expire before we can try to do business properly again. The danger is we just become a talent factory like Leeds too and that players like Anthony Gordon are just snatched away from us every season by Premier League teams as we are desperate for the money and just can't offer those talented players the prestige of top flight football.

I'm trying to find some positivity and the only ray of sunshine is Anthony Gordon, it still proves we are capable of producing home grown talent and that will be vital as our financial predicament plays out. Should we stay up then hopefully this internal enquire concludes that we should stop trying to sign Iwobi and Dele Alli type players on stupendous contracts. We need to cut our cloth accordingly and I'd have loved that Ryan Fraser who went to Newcastle. I like David Brooks at Bournemouth too.

I think the signing of Sandro was the real big indicator of our problems, that we had to offer someone quadruple their wages to convince them to sign. If the player needs that kind of incentive rather than a moderate pay rise and the pride and privilege of wearing the shirt then they're the wrong player. Tim Cahill would have taken a pay cut to play Premier League football

Did you not see us v Hull this season? They are not even close to being a good team in the championship, with our current squad minus the players you mention we will do well to stay in the championship.
A defence of Coleman Kenny Holgate Keane is not coming straight back up

A lot of cry babies in here recently...

Lets see how the results go today ;)

Never know...it could be a good day!
I’m no cry baby as you know and I think we’ll edge Burnley overall in our 7 versus their 6 remaining but I’m definitely not expecting today to be a good day!

If we even gain a point on Burnley today it would be huge though, not even for it being another point but for the mentality of us outperforming them at home whilst we’re at Anfield.

Won’t hold my breath though!

I’m hoping for a win or a draw at Anfield today, hopefully they are a little nervous of having to win to match City and with the CL game on Wednesday they might rest 1 or 2. Saying that with our defence the game could be over within 20 mins.

Right now I’d take a loss proving Burnley lose too. Desperate times ?‍♂️?‍♂️

I expect Burnley to at least draw today, while we get absolutely tonked at the pit while 50,000 kopites sing 'going down' and songs about Benitez. It's going to be grim in here later, prepare yourselves.

The Burnley Vs Wolves game is massive in deciding the outcome today.

If Burnley win then I think it's ourselves who are going to need to pull off a shock result or two. A win at Leicester away unexpectedly or Chelsea at home.

A draw would make things harder for our players mentally with us dropping in to the relegation zone. That worries me. But it'd still be in our hands and I don't think draws are enough for Burnley.

A Wolves win and it's still on Burnley to produce a strong run in their last 5 games, which I'm not sure they're capable of.

I expect Burnley to at least draw today, while we get absolutely tonked at the pit while 50,000 kopites sing 'going down' and songs about Benitez. It's going to be grim in here later, prepare yourselves.
This is why I’m doing over time in work, don’t think I could handle it otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back