Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Burnley Vs Wolves game is massive in deciding the outcome today.

If Burnley win then I think it's ourselves who are going to need to pull off a shock result or two. A win at Leicester away unexpectedly or Chelsea at home.

A draw would make things harder for our players mentally with us dropping in to the relegation zone. That worries me. But it'd still be in our hands and I don't think draws are enough for Burnley.

A Wolves win and it's still on Burnley to produce a strong run in their last 5 games, which I'm not sure they're capable of.

No matter the Burnley result we will need 9/10pts from the remaining games.

As crazy as it may sound at the moment I think our best chance is for Leeds to be dragged back into it. Their next 4 games

Palace (a)
City (h)
Arsenal (a)
Chelsea (h)

If we can muster up 4 points somehow in that time

We could be level with a game in hand and it would whack some pressure on them

Equally Villa are FAR from out of it. It might not seem it but their fixtures are

Norwich
Burnley
Liverpool
Palace
Burnley
City

That's an ugly run in too

As crazy as it may sound at the moment I think our best chance is for Leeds to be dragged back into it. Their next 4 games

Palace (a)
City (h)
Arsenal (a)
Chelsea (h)

Equally Villa are FAR from out of it. It might not seem it but their fixtures are

Norwich
Burnley
Liverpool
Palace
Burnley
City

I think if Leeds lose today they are right in it. Today is a massive day, perfect would be Leeds and Burnley losing, but a Leeds loss and Burnley draw wouldn’t be horrendous (apart from us being bottom 3 on GD obviously)

We are losing today anyway so have ignored that !

We are getting battered today, we haven't been able to do anything away this season.
Burnley away marmalised us.
Waford at home 2-5 Wtf.
Norwich away was an absolute embarrassment, only made worse by coming back on the coach through Norfolk with no WiFi signal listening to the radio and Lisa tarbuck pronouncing "it's jigsaw January, phone in and tell us all your funny jigsaw stories".The only funny thing a Tarbuck could say right now is, "he's dead". Can it get anymore Partridge, yes it can...

That's when I knew the game was up, we are through the looking glass now people. Up is down, black is white, we are gone.
The Shiite will do a quadruple and I'm gonna stay in "That" London after the arsenal game and live on the steps of Buckingham palace drinking turps. It's gotta be better than being an Evertonian in murkyside with the satanic krud undie lickers doing some creepy homecoming parade, jizzing in big buckets, bumming dogs and cats, sacrificing pigeons to auntie Aldo, hanging dwarfs from lamposts by their ankles as the Lfc Lampost scruff fly's past electrocuting himself.

I'm dreading today, every pathetic pretend tellyclapper will be out in force, dodgy candy and crown paints kits are being dug out of cum stained bags in the attic at this moment. The boxroom virgins are peeling off their crusty sheets and terrorising elderly mums with make believe tales of daring do off when they used to go the game, (they didn't ever)...

I'm still drunk from yesterday, gonna get up and go into town for a few b4 the game, when I bump into the Olafs and the Olga's with their scarfs adorning themselves like massive kipper ties, I'm gonna point at an imaginary Kenny Doglead licking a tramps arse across the street, then piss in their pint as they sing Yawn at him, kin' scruffs...

Palace (a)
City (h)
Arsenal (a)
Chelsea (h)

Norwich
Burnley
Liverpool
Palace
Burnley
City

Villa need 1 win really to push them over the horizon and you have to fancy them to get that against Norwich. Villa have just done something we've been incapable of practically all season and gone away to a team like Leicester and got out of there with a boring point.

Leeds are not out of if but I think they'd probably have to not win another game game in their run in to get majorly dragged into it and in Raphinha and Rodrigo they have two match winners who are far more capable of pulling something out of the bag than anything we have.

We'll know a lot more after this weekend. If Burnley don't win and Leeds lose on Monday then our position doesn't change too much. If Burnley and Leeds both win though we are knees deep in the brown stuff as it would be a minor miracle if we escape the Pit with anything.

but we’re not in this position yet?

I agree it’s awful mismanagement that’s put us in a position where we need points to ensure we don’t go down with only 7 games to go when we should be challenging for Europe with the money invested but why are we waiting for ‘dust to settle on our relegation’ which we have in our own hands to prevent?
Everything I’ve seen tells me we won’t survive. Prepare yourself mentally, it will be easier for you then.

We are getting battered today, we haven't been able to do anything away this season.
Burnley away marmalised us.
Waford at home 2-5 Wtf.
Norwich away was an absolute embarrassment, only made worse by coming back on the coach through Norfolk with no WiFi signal listening to the radio and Lisa tarbuck pronouncing "it's jigsaw January, phone in and tell us all your funny jigsaw stories".The only funny thing a Tarbuck could say right now is, "he's dead". Can it get anymore Partridge, yes it can...

That's when I knew the game was up, we are through the looking glass now people. Up is down, black is white, we are gone.
The Shiite will do a quadruple and I'm gonna stay in "That" London after the arsenal game and live on the steps of Buckingham palace drinking turps. It's gotta be better than being an Evertonian in murkyside with the satanic krud undie lickers doing some creepy homecoming parade, jizzing in big buckets, bumming dogs and cats, sacrificing pigeons to auntie Aldo, hanging dwarfs from lamposts by their ankles as the Lfc Lampost scruff fly's past electrocuting himself.

I'm dreading today, every pathetic pretend tellyclapper will be out in force, dodgy candy and crown paints kits are being dug out of cum stained bags in the attic at this moment. The boxroom virgins are peeling off their crusty sheets and terrorising elderly mums with make believe tales of daring do off when they used to go the game, (they didn't ever)...

I'm still drunk from yesterday, gonna get up and go into town for a few b4 the game, when I bump into the Olafs and the Olga's with their scarfs adorning themselves like massive kipper ties, I'm gonna point at an imaginary Kenny Doglead licking a tramps arse across the street, then piss in their pint as they sing Yawn at him, kin' scruffs...

lol lol lol

If you want to keep 2/3’s of this squad with the other third being the sales of our best players… good God I don’t even want to think what division we’d end up in.
If only richy dcl and Pickford were our best players...all 3 have been hugely disappointing this season...pickford perhaps a little bit less than the other 2 but can easily be replaced as he is nowhere as good as he thinks he is...honestly if any of those players wouldnt have been here this season, not sure how much worst we would be in the league...

He can’t afford to let Burnley win, they could go down still
He (Gerrard) will have an eye on his (Villa's) remaining fixtures: he's got to roll over for the RS, and City will very possibly hammer him in Villa's final game if the title race goes to the wire. So that's two losses out of six.

They have the two games against Burnley but they also face Palace in the middle of all that.

Their next game is Norwich. The conspiracy theorist in me says that if Villa beat Norwich then Gerrard will play for the draw in his first fixture against Burnley. If he also beats Palace then Villa will be on 44-ish points and Gerrard will deffo roll over in his second fixture against Burnley (four days after he faces Palace at home) in the hope of getting us relegated.

Palace (a)
City (h)
Arsenal (a)
Chelsea (h)

Norwich
Burnley
Liverpool
Palace
Burnley
City

Clutching at straws mate. Villa are safe. No way Leeds, us and Burnley will overtake them.

If only richy dcl and Pickford were our best players...all 3 have been hugely disappointing this season...pickford perhaps a little bit less than the other 2 but can easily be replaced as he is nowhere as good as he thinks he is...honestly if any of those players wouldnt have been here this season, not sure how much worst we would be in the league...

Sorry, who are our best players then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back