Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The key game today is Burnley-Wolves, forget the inevitable in the derby it’s all about that game at Turf Moor.

The west ham point was decent. More than what we got. Im hoping the win over southampton was because it was basically southampton. Who are either awful or good. Bloody good time to play them for burnley.
Hoping wolves are not on the beach.

Without Richy and Pickford this season, we would be 20th right now. Absolutely no question of that IMHO.
You could say this about a lot of our players though, without Gray and Townsend for example, who both did a lot early season.
No players have really stood out, but if there is one who i would say we cant priase this season its Richy, he might of scored 7 goals but they have only been worth 3 points in total, he cost us 2 alone on Wednesday missing golden chances, this season he has been a massive let down

I can honestly say I won't miss any of this squad, with the exception of Gordon, if they are sold.

It is a good point. I don’t think we have any players which I would be against cashing in on. It is not like the ‘good times’ under Moyes where we had peak Baines, Coleman, Arteta, Cahill, Peanuts and usually a couple of solid CB’s

I thinks it’s inevitable we’ll find ourselves in the bottom 3 by the time we start our game against Chelsea, even if just by GD. I can’t see Burnley not getting at least one point from their next two games v Wolves (h) and Watford (a), and I can’t see us getting anything from today’s game.

Just gotta hope that we have big enough balls to respond to it when we do, and get some kind of a result v Chelsea. Yes we will have a game in hand still, but the last thing we need is Burnley getting some day light between us.

Saying that we entered the last game of the 94 and 98 season in the relegation zone and managed to survive, but I wouldn’t fancy us this season getting a result away at Arsenal to survive. Would be handy if Arsenal have top 4 sewn up by then too.

Did you not see us v Hull this season? They are not even close to being a good team in the championship, with our current squad minus the players you mention we will do well to stay in the championship.
A defence of Coleman Kenny Holgate Keane is not coming straight back up
I was thinking more mykolenko Godfrey Keane and Patterson but you can mention the bad ones to suit your argument better if you like

As crazy as it may sound at the moment I think our best chance is for Leeds to be dragged back into it. Their next 4 games

Palace (a)
City (h)
Arsenal (a)
Chelsea (h)

If we can muster up 4 points somehow in that time

We could be level with a game in hand and it would whack some pressure on them

Equally Villa are FAR from out of it. It might not seem it but their fixtures are

Norwich
Burnley
Liverpool
Palace
Burnley
City

That's an ugly run in too

….I can’t see Leeds being any way involved. They carry threat & have key players back from injury. I think they’ve won two of their last three and will score goals against the best.

we ha
I thinks it’s inevitable we’ll find ourselves in the bottom 3 by the time we start our game against Chelsea, even if just by GD. I can’t see Burnley not getting at least one point from their next two games v Wolves (h) and Watford (a), and I can’t see us getting anything from today’s game.

Just gotta hope that we have big enough balls to respond to it when we do, and get some kind of a result v Chelsea. Yes we will have a game in hand still, but the last thing we need is Burnley getting some day light between us.

Saying that we entered the last game of the 94 and 98 season in the relegation zone and managed to survive, but I wouldn’t fancy us this season getting a result away at Arsenal to survive. Would be handy if Arsenal have top 4 sewn up by then too.
we had battlers in those sides though, who would you say is a grafter to make things happen, grab the game by the scruff of the neck in this side?

….I can’t see Leeds being any way involved. They carry threat & have key players back from injury. I think they’ve won two of their last three and will score goals against the best.
Yes they can score goals but they let in a shedload too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back