Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we play Burnley next season it might be as a Championship side vs. a PL side in one of the the cups. It would be an "upset" if we beat them. Same goes for playing Fulham, Brighton, Soton. Could go on and on.

Just imagining that and how it feels is both horrific and sad.

Let’s just wait and see
These dudes acting like it’s the last day of the season
But their basing their biggest fear coming true on history of this season. We have seen nothing to suggest we will get out of it.

There’s nothing wrong with that. It’s not like we are in a bad patch of form. We have been equally bad all season. Even when we started with wins we were poor for the majority of this games barring maybe Brighton.

Even the most optimistic and hopeful of blue will be struggling.

Well done Burnley.

I can’t be bitter, we only have ourselves to blame.

100%. Wolves came to ours a few weeks ago with not loads to play for either, and won. Can hardly be annoyed at them playing poorly.

It's far from over, and today isn't going to change that, but Burnley have got the bit between their teeth at the moment. Need to get today out the way without our GD taking a pummelling. I wish I could be less defeatist and I wish more than anything we can cause a surprise here but thats the realistic situation we are in.

But their basing their biggest fear coming true on history of this season. We have seen nothing to suggest we will get out of it.

There’s nothing wrong with that. It’s not like we are in a bad patch of form. We have been equally bad all season. Even when we started with wins we were poor for the majority of this games barring maybe Brighton.

Even the most optimistic and hopeful of blue will be struggling.
Absolutely
But there is still a chance and I will wait before saying we are down until we are actually down

I truly believe the moment we lost 3-2 to Burnley was the end.
Eventually, it could be the pivotal point in our season, yet you could say the same if we win today or another pivotal result from now until the end.

Although if relegation is our fate, we've got nobody but ourselves (the club) to blame through poor decisions and performances now and previously.

It'll be painful now and I suspect the club will have a lot of difficult times, however Everton will still be there. Look at West Ham, Newcastle and many others.

Fans are a massive problem with this club. Most negative fans about, haven’t even played today and still have multiple games left and yet they’re all crying about us being relegated.
There is 0% chance of us winning this game today. Zero. Even in normal circumstances, we wouldn't stand a chance. But today, after that. I just dread to think what it could end up.

Status
Not open for further replies.