Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 163512
These are Sportrac estimates but figures look pretty realistic other than Dom. Gomes will be hard to get out the door on that money but if we do manage to shift the seven highest earners above Godfrey it’s an enormous saving, and notably we are only losing 2 players who have made a meaningful contribution this year. Add Allan and Tosun and it’s close to 50 million a year saved, keep the rest (unless there are offers for Keane or Holgate) and it’s still a decent nucleus of a younger hopefully more hungry squad.
According to Salary sport Holgate on 64 grand a week and Davies on 30 grand

I'n not saying either of them have been world-class. I'm saying they've been the best of our deplorably bad bunch.

Given how they each perform at international level, I have every reason to believe that IF they had a better supporting cast here they'd produce more like they do at international level.

If finances make it completely unavoidable then sure, we should sell ONE of them. But we should really be looking to sell Allan, Gomes, Holgate, Keane and Mina first. No point selling DCL, Pickford and / or Richy but keeping the bulk of a failing squad.
I don't think we'll have much choice but to sell them if we drop. There is no way that Richarlison, DCL or Pickford will want to stay especially in a world cup year. Besides, they offer the best chance of balancing the books.

View attachment 163512
These are Sportrac estimates but figures look pretty realistic other than Dom. Gomes will be hard to get out the door on that money but if we do manage to shift the seven highest earners above Godfrey it’s an enormous saving, and notably we are only losing 2 players who have made a meaningful contribution this year. Add Allan and Tosun and it’s close to 50 million a year saved, keep the rest (unless there are offers for Keane or Holgate) and it’s still a decent nucleus of a younger hopefully more hungry squad.
FEW WE CAN SELL THERE. CAN KEEP SOME TO PLAY WITH THE U21s LIKE GYLFI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back